Ask Ken at Palisades

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Also, I thoroughly believe Suggs is a lame choice...saw his little interview with Kermit on that TMS dvd, and man...that guy is just a mean arrogant sunuva gun. And look how he abuses those poor Muppephones. that and he dresses like a jackazz.

Lets remember that he is after all still a Puppet...

And Frank liked performing him, And he managed to go through Season 2 - 5 !

see ya

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
And look how he abuses those poor Muppephones.
I nominate Cory to start a help group for Muppephone abusers ! :stick_out_tongue:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I nominate Cory to start a help group for Muppephone abusers ! :stick_out_tongue:
My gosh, forget the baby singers...Suggs is now my choice for most annoying character on TMS. Yet I am ever so blown away by Fozzie's amazing chemistry on the show to this day.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think Fozzie has never worked better than on the Muppet show and in TMM and GMC.

Wander McMooch

Reaction score
What...no love for Marvin Suggs? Sure, he's a jerk, but he'd still make a great action figure.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
I think Fozzie has never worked better than on the Muppet show and in TMM and GMC.
All these Muppets work far better live, adlibbing - but yeah Fozzies early days were among his best. They kinda need to do something with him - the Christmas movie was a great start. I guess before it didn't help not having Frank around much.

ExodiaTF1

Reaction score
Hey Ken just got a scooter and lew zealand, no zoot:frown: , and it looks like someone switched the heights on these 2 scooter is huge almost the size of floyd and beaker, also on another note both of the figs right leg are shorter than there left, not by much about the size of scooters sole is this how everybodies are? i cannot wait too find zoot he looks so cool as does the swedish chef does anybody know the time frame of when he will be out i think i heard a month after series 3 but i am not sure if this is true.

matleo

Reaction score
Well, I like Marvin Suggs. I mean he's not a favorite, but he's a great character. I love him in the Brooke Shields episode as the judge (some great interplay between Jim and Frank there) I think the thing is that no matter what Marivn does to the Muppephones, he always gets his comeuppence. HE always gets hit on the head too, HE always gets zapped by the witch-doctor. I think he's just a fun, goofy novelty act like Lew Zealand and Gery and the Atrics and some of the other odd things they had on the show. I think that having those characters is part of what makes this line so great. It's not just Kermit and Piggy and Fozzi and Gonzo, but it's all these weird novelty bist that made the Muppet...the Muppets. I lie having Fozzie and Kerit and so on, but what really makes ths line feel like the Muppets to me is those obscure guys like Harry and Lew and in time Marvin.

Cory, I'm sorry you find the character so annoying m but there are soem of us here who do like him and would like to have him as part of their collection. Not to downplay you're opinion, but dude, it's apiece of plastic. I don't thik you need to get so worked up over it. Personally, I think he'll be a fun figure and I'm particularly interested to see Palisdaes handles the details of the costuming as well as the Muppephones themselves. I think he'll be a fun figure and a great addition to the collection. Sorry to be gettign on a high horese about this, bt I'm getting really tired of seeing people complain about "Why in heavens name are you making this guy" or "Well, I'm not buying him so yo ushouldn't make him" I think it's okay to say "eh, doesn't do anythign for me but to launch a crusade against it is a little...well, disrespectful I think. It's nit just you. I've seen a few other people do it too. I remember someone at one point clamoring for "Get Lew out of Series 3. I hate him and I think Pepe should be in Series 3". That wasn't you too was it? maybe it was Smallville, I don't remember. Anyway, it just gets to me.
Palisades is at a tough point with these guys where for every character or variant that gets made, for every one person who says "yeah I love him. I can't wait!!" you're going to have one person who says "Why on God's name are you making THAT character?!?! I HATE him and you shouldn't make him!!" it's a tought call. So let's try to be respectful of each other's wishes towards this line. if it doesn't do anyhintg for you fine. Say your peace and move on. if someone agrees, they will. look at what happened last year when Angus was announced for Series 5. Palisades has repeatedly made me eat crow on several things in this line so I support a lot of their creative decisions. I wasn't too fond of the idea of Harry when they announced him, and he's turned out ot be one of the best character likenesses. I didn't think an EM playset would be a lot of fun....until i saw it!! I was going to pass on Piggy and hold out for FM piggy, until I went to buy an EB Piggy for a friend of mine and just 'had' to have one myself. So let's cool our heels a bit. Palisades knows what they're doing. They've turned out nothing but quality so far and I'm sure they'll continue. when all is said and done are there still going to be guys that al ot of people want? Of course. The Muppets are huge universe with fans that love charcters from Lenny the Lizard to DogLion-to Lips to Kermit and Fozzie and Gonzo and everythign in between. not EVERY character is going to get made. So let's just enjoy the ones that do. I'm sure Ken&Co. will do everything to make as many of us as happy as they can. but at the end of the day, it's a piece of plastic! Relax. :cool:

--Matt

Luke

Reaction score
Just wanted to say, lots of people are talking like Marvin is definite and definitely making it into Series 7. I'm sure Palisades want to make him and of course he's on the radar, but just because he's listed for Series 7 at MC doesn't make that official - even Palisades only talks about Waves 1-6 - ideas for 7 were only sketchy and incomplete at the time when they were originally written about and Ken could have changed those ideas long ago or have different thoughts now ... same with the later Mega figures that are listed here but would probably change even if they did continue. I think people should chill on it, Ken's even asked for peoples W7-11 opinions so it shows that even he is open to discussion right now.

My personal feeling on it is that both Marvin and Angus are great ones to make but i think maybe W7 is too soon - perhaps 9 or 10 if it makes it that far. I'd much rather see other more interesting characters such as Dr Phil Van Neuter be made first - lots more to him and some great things could be done for accessories making a more interesting action figure. If W7 really was like it is at MC (Marvin, Johnny, Sal, ???????) then it's going to be very weak even with a major main character added. Statler & Waldorf are fine as a set in a wave because they are so popular, but two relatively lesser known 'Muppets Tonight' characters is probably a mistake because 'Johnny & Sal' are very much an aquired taste and some people find them annoying. If a percentage of your customers aren't 'Johnny & Sal' fans then thats 50% of their interest in that wave gone. Actually i can't really see them selling as single carded figures anyway - i think it really only would have worked if you could have had Sal as the pack in with Johnny, there aren't that many accessories for either anyway.

Anyway we'll see how it goes but my gut feeling would be that when Ken comes to decide the line-up for Waves 7-11 some of these from 7 might get jiggled round a bit up the ladder to bring in new ideas.

WiGgY

Reaction score
That's true about Jonny and Sal. There isn't much you can give either accessories wise. Maybe a plate of conolies and a picture of Ma. That's about it. If it were possible to get them in a two pack of some kind then they would sell better. Why can't we get two-packs? I know I know cost. :rolleyes: