Ask Ken at Palisades

FER SURE

Reaction score
Ken-

How does it feel to be the developer of the hottest action figure line around. Stores selling out left and right and you have the top 3 best sellers at EB. I think this kicks the crap out of the Simpsons, especially in the accessory dept. I absoultlely love this line. It is so great to finnaly get something that I've waited so long to have.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

Hey,
I was thinking about Sam, His head.

Nowadays he has a BIG head, Its like a big tube.
But in The Muppet Show days it was alot thinner.

try Checking Sam in Season Two and Compare it to him in Muppet Treasure Island .
It seems massive !

Will you please try and make it like it was on the show and not fat like it is now ?

Thanks

kane31666

Reaction score
Fer Sure

Let's wait and see how well they sell before we call them better than the simpsons, which has been the hottest line for 2000 and 2001. I do agree that the accessories are a lot better though.

Ken, how many VC Beakers do you plan on bringing to WW Chi?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Warrick

I prefer the Fozzie on roller skates idea to Fozzie dressed as First Mate Piggy. I think the First Mate Fozzie idea would work better as a two pack variant-- coming with Emily Bear. But in general, I think the roller skating Fozzie would have wider appeal (for the less avid Muppet fans out there) and has more play value.

I completely understand your desire to keep the figs true to the show. There are plenty of people around here who feel the same way. Personally, I think by the time we have regular Fozzie, vacation Fozzie, Bear on Patrol Fozzie, Rowlf, tuxedo Rowlf, Dr. Bob, Piggy, hair-down Piggy, First Mate Piggy, Nurse Piggy (and so forth) it would be fun to go in a new direction and work off the Muppet Parodies that JHC has done or just see what Palisades comes up with. Generally, I'm very protective of the Muppets, but I feel Palisades has a sense of who these characters are, plus they have to get Henson approval on everything anyway, so I trust them to come up with stuff that maintains the integrity of the characters. Sam the Eagle has always been so incredibly patriotic that a Minute Man Sam seems a natural choice to me. I do understand where you are coming from and you have a valid point. I want to see the history of the Muppets remembered and respected, but I also want them to continue to grow and evolve.

radionate

Reaction score
Re: Warrick

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
it would be fun to go in a new direction and work off the Muppet Parodies that JHC has done or just see what Palisades comes up with.
I still say I want to see the whole Alice in Wonderland Episode made into figures!!!!!!!!!!:big_grin:

Foreignman

Reaction score
Hey, I know that everyone is very pro the idea of fraggle rock figures and making figures based on the assorted movies, but I was just wondering how everyone would feel about Sesame Street action figures. I would personally love to have them, but I want to hear the opinions of others. Ken, do you think this could ever happen, with Palisades being the manufaturer?

radionate

Reaction score
As far as Sesame Street figures go, I love the show, love the characters, but wouldn't buy a single figure unless it was some bizarre character that has never seen the light of day in toy form (which would be hard to believe). Personally, I feel there is so much SS stuff out there that figures from Palisades would go virtually un-noticed on the radar. I'm sure they would look great, but the great majority of collectors (and I mean toy collectors, not muppet collectors) would most likely say, "So What" and move on. Then if they were marketed towards children, there would be the whole safety concern about accessories and safety hazards. So odds are they wouldn't have cool pack=ins. Just don't think it would happen, or should, but thats just my opinion!:big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sesame Steet is a great show, though my fave is really The Muppet Show. I likely wouldn't buy any SS figures. There is so incredibly much SS figures and stuff already and I think these lines are better for bringing other projects to light. If one were ever made I think it should come after the Muppet Show, Fraggles, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth and Muppets Tonight characters. There are just so many other things out there already for SS.

pierat

Reaction score
Well, I have to say I'm a muppet show fan first but I WOULD buy every Sesame St. Figure if Palisades ever put any out or anyone else in the same size. I keep hearing muppet fans say there have been alot of SS figures done... However that's just NOT TRUE AT ALL!!!!! Unless you count PVC figures..(of which there are alot of muppet PVC's also) which I do not count when I say action figure there were only 5 Sesame St. figures made, Plus some fisher price little people (relatives to clothes pins with faces). There were 7 figures in the fisher price line of Muppet Show players.. So there were really MORE MUPPETS DONE than SS as far as action figures go!

SO please stop saying there are alot of SS figures there never were!!! But I do home someday there will be:cool:

But for the TRUE muppet fans I like how Jim Henson himself said it best in "Muppet Christmas Carol" which shows how he felt about the different worlds of muppets. *and if it's good enough for Jim it should be good enough for the rest of us*

Just a muppet lovin critter,

:smile:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
There is a ton of Sesame stuff out there and the licensing agreement is completely different-- being Sesame Workshop, not Henson-- but I would absolutely buy a Super Grover figure.

Actually, I'd buy the whole line as most of the Sesame stuff is geared to kids and not adult fans/collectors. I think a Sesame line would sell better than Dark Crystal or Labyrinth just because it has a larger audience (I am not knocking the idea of figs based on these movies-- just stating what I see as a problem, it's been an awful long time since these movies were in the theater).

I do think the safety concern could pose a problem-- since young kids would want the Sesame figs-- but that could be handeled with simpler accessories or no accessories and slightly less expensive figures (though there would clearly be some over-all changes to the figures or a lot of age limit labeling-- my preference would be for lots of age limit labeling and marketing the line as nostalgia and not kid toys).

A Sesame line could include the human cast and that would be cool. Sesame merchandise has usually been aimed at the 3-6 year old market, which makes sense, but there are an awful lot of older fans who would probably be all over high quality figures like the Muppet line. Especially if it included old favorites like Mr. Hooper, Grover and Fat Blue with a resturant playset, and Roosevelt....

Realistically though, I don't see this happening. Palisades has to see how the Muppet line does (of course we love it, but we have to see how it sells with the general public) and they are a long way from exhausting classic Muppet possiblities (after the Show, there are the movies, parodies, TV specials, Muppets Tonight...). Still, it's fun to dream.

But what I really want is my husband's idea of Gonzo as Sam Spade with the Maltese Camilla. Wouldn't that be cool?