Ask the Fuzzy Old Coot Anything

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ronald Dahl continues to be awesome.
Fiction-wise, what books have you most enjoyed of late?
The last fiction I read was in college. "Heart of Darkness", I believe, by Toni Morrison.
I like biographies and history.
And continuing with my own book. It's been evolving slowly over years, but finally coming together. When it's finally done, it will be well worth the wait.

Rome wasn't built in a day either.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ever met any celebrities before?
Quite a few.

From Sesame Street, Loretta Long, Bob McGrath, Carroll Spinney, Sonia Manzano (who was actually not really nice, what a shame),
Christopher Cerf, Fran Brill, Stephanie D'abruzzio, and some geek named Frank Oz. Has delusions of becoming a director.

In music: 60's artists Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman (the Byrds),
Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady (Jefferson Airplane), John Mayall (who had a group called the Blues Breakers and featured this punk named Eric Clapton), Arlo Guthrie, Richie Havens, and Carlene Carter, whose daddy was Johnny Cash.

Someone else I met in passing, a coworker of mine invited me to a block party. He introduced me to this girl about my age named Dana Owens, you might know better as Queen Latifah.

Comedians: George Carlin, Tim Allen (before Home Improvement, Buzz Lightyear, and Santa Claus), Jimmie Walker, and Jeff Dunham (who just introduced Walter, but Peanut is still my favorite).

Check him out at Jeff fah fah Done Ham Dot Com!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Quite a few.

From Sesame Street, Loretta Long, Bob McGrath, Carroll Spinney, Sonia Manzano (who was actually not really nice, what a shame),
Christopher Cerf, Fran Brill, Stephanie D'abruzzio, and some geek named Frank Oz. Has delusions of becoming a director.

In music: 60's artists Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman (the Byrds),
Jorma Kaukonen and Jack Casady (Jefferson Airplane), John Mayall (who had a group called the Blues Breakers and featured this punk named Eric Clapton), Arlo Guthrie, Richie Havens, and Carlene Carter, whose daddy was Johnny Cash.

Someone else I met in passing, a coworker of mine invited me to a block party. He introduced me to this girl about my age named Dana Owens, you might know better as Queen Latifah.

Comedians: George Carlin, Tim Allen (before Home Improvement, Buzz Lightyear, and Santa Claus), Jimmie Walker, and Jeff Dunham (who just introduced Walter, but Peanut is still my favorite).

Check him out at Jeff fah fah Done Ham Dot Com!
Maria wasn't nice to you at all? I was hoping that she would be.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Don't let that turn you off from meeting her though. It's possible she was just having a bad day, or she was in a bad mood (which happens to everybody) or distracted. Lots of other people have met her and seem to think she's lovely.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
She was all right, just acting a little...
What's that word that rhymes with itchy and starts with "b"?

But I give her the benefit of the doubt.
She probably forgot her plessnt pills that day.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
How and when where you saved?
After my 1999 botched suicide attempt.
Met a pastor at a new church, he showed me how Jesus died for my sins, how I was saved by His grace, and finally began to understand how much He loved me. And my life changed at that moment.
17 years later, still learning, still growing, still here.