Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland

Reaction score
That's funny Steve,
Maybe the kids knew that the neck string was broken :smile:

So...all quiet on the Replica Kermit front. July creeps closer...

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Hi Guys,

I just spotted on the Master Replicas Website Blog a review from a Star Wars fan who went to the MR offices, he had a few pictures of the offices and I spotted in the picture below that a picture of Kermit and ANIMAL are on the wall. The Animal picture is a pose I have seen before so I dont know if this is the prototype from MR or a Photo for reference. The picture of Kermit is one I have not seen before, so again it may be a pic of the replica or a ref pic.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/MR boardroom.jpg

Master Replicas have stated that new Muppets will be coming later, but no word on which ones has yet been released, only that 2 new Muppets are being made as prototypes, maybe this could be a clue as to who is being worked on at the moment???

Some new news and an update of the Kermit Replica would be great at the moment, it seems to have gone very quiet with up dates lately!!

Chris
Amy, Customer Service Manager for Master Replicas, and a regular at the Rebelscum.com forums confirmed that the photos hanging in the board room do NOT necessarily represent any current projects. A lot of SW fans were going gaga when they saw the photo of the Commander Gree (Revenge of the Sith) helmet, which is not being made. And while various magazines and other sources have touted Animal as being the next photo muppet replica, the photo you see in the board room may have nothing to do with the product being designed. MR just has a lot of photos of stuff they love, in their board room (another wall is covered in comic art).

So don't take that photo as any indication as to future products from MR, or what those future products might look like.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The other thing, too, by having all the things around you that you love is simply for the inspiration of it! I have all my Muppets, Ghostbusters, Blues Brothers, and Peanuts stuff around me all the time--they inspire me to create!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
The other thing, too, by having all the things around you that you love is simply for the inspiration of it! I have all my Muppets, Ghostbusters, Blues Brothers, and Peanuts stuff around me all the time--they inspire me to create!
interesting also is that a picture of jim henson on the wall behind the star wars at-at walker?

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Does anybody have an update when these will begin shipping?

MWoO

Reaction score
Will these be avail;able in any chain stores?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

UK fans will be pleased to know that Forbidden Planet mailOrder now has Replica Kermit on there web site ready to order. They are saying he has a release date of July 31st?? Price £139.99

Heres the link

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32117

Also, an update on what stage Kermit is at would be so nice right now, Its gone so quiet with any news or updates on this thread for ages now!!??

Please Travis or Kevin, any News????

Chris

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
I've been flip-flopping on my decision to buy this or not this past week! I've now cancelled my order from the US site I initially pre-ordered it and have ordered one from Forbidden Planet - it's slightly more expensive but I know I won't be hit for customs charges! But still £140 for Kermit plus hopefully they'll release at least a few more... this could get expensive!

Fuzzhead

Reaction score
I am also not sure if I want to buy it or not. It would be nice to have, but I would rather wait for a more visually interesting character, like Animal or Gonzo. Speaking of which, if it is so difficult to get Kermit right (being such a simple design) imagine how difficult a character like Piggy, Fozzie or Animal would be.

For anyone interested in pre-ordering Kermit, Time And Space toys has him at a special pre-order price of 174.99 And they do accept money orders.

http://timespacetoys.stores.yahoo.net/prkefrpure.html

Status
Not open for further replies.