Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
That Gonzo looks incredible! I am very curious how you guys are going to mass produce the face. That prototype looks just like carved reticulated foam. Is it? Even the eyelids look right! Wow! The nose is great...it doesn't have the "new Gonzo look", which I think kind of sucks anyway. Hopefuly Disney approves the "old School look". It looks more GMC. Awesome!!! What outfit are you all thinking about? How much more than Kermit do you estimate it costing? Hopefully not too much more...wink wink. Well I'm still waiting on my Kermit. I pre-ordered mine, but have not yet received an email. I contacted MR customer care via Email, but have not heard anything yet. Maybe I'll call them...today! Ha Ha!:zany:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Luke said:
By the way Travis, is it anatomically correct?
Gonzo's long, curved part sure looks acurate from where I'm standing. Yup, his nose looks great. It's a very acurate nose. I mean, there are many noses of Gonzo from many different movies, but this one has more of an authentic feel to it than most I've seen in recent days. I mean, Gonzo's nose didn't look right at all in MFS.

Bea:zany:{Ok, now I can remember why they locked you away from here, Luke, bad influence corrupts good charcter. :wink: }regard

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
*jaw drops*

*eyelids widen*

*pupils dilate*

*lungs catch*

*toes tap*

*wait, scratch that last one*

does THE SAME thing* lol, i think i just pooped myself here! I STINKING LOOOOoooooooooooVE IT!!!!! :concern: i CAN'T wait to get my Kermit in now! :smile:

tomahawk

Reaction score
lithiumbrain said:
That Gonzo looks incredible! I am very curious how you guys are going to mass produce the face. That prototype looks just like carved reticulated foam. Is it? Even the eyelids look right! Wow! The nose is great...it doesn't have the "new Gonzo look", which I think kind of sucks anyway. Hopefuly Disney approves the "old School look". It looks more GMC. Awesome!!! What outfit are you all thinking about? How much more than Kermit do you estimate it costing? Hopefully not too much more...wink wink. Well I'm still waiting on my Kermit. I pre-ordered mine, but have not yet received an email. I contacted MR customer care via Email, but have not heard anything yet. Maybe I'll call them...today! Ha Ha!:zany:

I think that Disney actually gave Master Replicas the 1979 guide to how the Muppets should look. I might be wrong though.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thats correct, somehow I seem to remember most things that are said on this thread.

A 1970's style guide is been used to model the Muppets on, I believe this meant costume rather than actual appearence, but I may be wrong.

It has also earlier been reported that Gonzo will be made in his signature suit with bow tie, flower and black shoes.

What I find refreshing, is that even though 80% of Gonzo's body will be covered in costume (only his head and hands will show) Master Replicas still make sure the body is correct. Other Gonzo's and other characters in the past, have body's made from white cotton fabric, to save on money as its not on show.

What I want to know, is will gonzo have the mechanism to allow us to open his eyes wider??

Chris

Luke

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Gonzo's long, curved part sure looks acurate from where I'm standing. Yup, his nose looks great. It's a very acurate nose.
I'm digging the nose from here too babe, it's the first thing i looked at! *honest* :embarrassed: :wink:

Actually, seriously, and in all honesty, for the few precious minutes i get to spend at MC these days i will say this one thing ...... they have done one heck of a job on that Gonzo. If they can keep the line rolling and get all the classic Muppets out we can get someone to turn em into puppets, get a TV deal and dump Disney!!!

Hey, what intellectual property rights? I'd never heard of the Muffets before i pitched "The Muffin Show" :halo:

MRCUSTOMERCARE

Reaction score
Hi Lithiumbrain,

We have only sent out the first 100 Kermits this week. We will be sending out another two hundred to direct customers and retailers next week. This is only the first batch we got in. We will have to wait until we get the next batch in to continue shipment so not everyone will get one at this time.

lithiumbrain said:

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
MRCUSTOMERCARE said:
Hi Lithiumbrain,

We have only sent out the first 100 Kermits this week. We will be sending out another two hundred to direct customers and retailers next week. This is only the first batch we got in. We will have to wait until we get the next batch in to continue shipment so not everyone will get one at this time.
Thank you MRCustomer Care. So I take it there were quite a few Collector Society membership pre-orders? I can't wait...very excited!

MRCUSTOMERCARE

Reaction score
You are very welcome lithiumbrain, and you can just call me Amy.:smile:

We actually did get a lot of orders for Kermit. It turns out that he is a very popular frog! :wink:

lithiumbrain said:
Thank you MRCustomer Care. So I take it there were quite a few Collector Society membership pre-orders? I can't wait...very excited!

MRCUSTOMERCARE

Reaction score
Hi Daniel!

Our UK distributor Cards Inc. has placed orders for Kermit. They will be distributing them to retailers throughout Europe. We do not have a list of who they sell to but you may be able to contact them and ask them for names.

I hope this helps!

Amy

Danielsp said:
Hi Amy - I have a question for you from the UK.

There have been lots of reports about UK suppliers stocking or not stocking Kermit. Like all of your U.S. customers, I am sure there are loads of us in the UK equally excited about purchasing a Kermit replica, however, it seems (from all of the UK poster's on-again, off-again reports about Forbidden Planet) that it is going to be extrememly difficult to purchase him at all. And rather more expensive for us (at approx USD$280).

I've been holding off ordering him hoping that it would become clearer as to who will or will not be selling Kermit over here, but no-one seems too sure about any way to buy Kermit apart from importing him and paying almost as much in shipping fees as for the product itself...

To try and make it easier for us in the UK, can you possibly confirm exactly who is and who is not stocking Kermit over here, so that UK customers know exactly where to find him. As I believe the number of Kermits produced are limited I want to ensure that we don't miss out.

With international shipping charges being as expensive as the product, I would really apprecaite some guiadance on where best to buy Kermit in the UK.

Thanks! :smile: ,
Daniel - London.

Status
Not open for further replies.