Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tioandria

Reaction score
Hello All,

I always love to watch to see how things manifest once a product goes on sale. Without going into detail Kermit sales have been going well. I would imagine everyone on here is not really concerned with our Business Model or our P&L. I assume most of you just want to know if this is going to be an on going series or not. Well... I am working on two more characters at the moment so it looks like our Muppets have legs.

I can't tell you which characters yet. I think we want to make the announcement at Comic Con. We always need big new for events like that. Otherwise, Marketing people would have to actually work for a living. (We can all see if that gets a response from Travis. I am just kidding but I like giving Travis a hard time. It's one of those simple pleasures in life.)

Also I can't help you with our website, shipping, or ordering. I apologize but I just don't know enough information about that part of Master Replicas to be of any help to you guys. I hope everyone who wants a Kermit finds away to get one at a resonable cost. If anyone runs into any major problems let me know and I can see what I can do but like I said I really dont know much about that area. kevineslinger@masterreplicas.com

So what can I tell you... Otherwise it would be nothing more than self indulgent and egotistical for me to post on this forum. I can tell you where we are at with the Kermit.

About a 5 weeks ago now I saw a revised sample from Hong Kong. That was the one that was suppose to show up in time for Toy Fair in February. It was funny because they sent the samples to in white Antron Fleece. It was odd to see an colorless version of Kermit, but his personality still came through. I would post pictures on the web of this sample but I think I would get in trouble with the licensor. If anyone is planning on coming to Comic Con I can show you pictures in person. That is a couple of months away... I know, I know you want more information faster. The factory has not shown me a revised sample yet that incorporates all of the changes that we (we = me + muppetcentral.com) made. When I look at our product development schedule, I see that the factory was suppose to have sent a final sample of Kermit on 4/28. When that sample arrives, I will see if that sample is photo worthy. At this point I think it is pretty clear what you guys want to see from us.

I hate waiting for product about as much as you guys do. Replicas are much different than Action Figures. I don't mean that in a Palisades bashing way. I mean actually mean the replicas I have worked on versus the action figures I developed have been much different beasts. Both are equally fun though.

Now I am getting self indulgent so I should sign off.

Bug me and I will give you an update on the sample later this week.

Regards,
Kevin

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey Kevin;
I didn't see MR on the list, but are you guys planning to be at the Wizard Comic Cons? Namely Philly at the begining of June?

Garland

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin,
Thanks so much for sharing that information!!!

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Hey Kevin When will the Kermit page get updated with final product or new photos? Also Master Replicas has never stater That the photos on the Kermit site are of the prototype. Will they ever announce that on the blog? Its confusing to fans who dont go on muppetcentral because they think that the photos are of the final product when their not.

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
tioandria said:
a whole bunch of interestin stuff
Kevin - you're not being self indulgent! As someone who hopes to be able to collect all of the Muppets you guys can produce I am more than grateful that someone in the know can stop by and let us know what's happening!

The fact that you're working on two more is very reassuring as from a personal point I'd feel less weird owning a whole gang of Muppets rather than say just Kermit! I just hope one of the two your working on is Fozzie!

Anyway thanks for the updates and I wish I could see the colorless prototype pics but being in the UK I guess I'll just have to wait to see the final product!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hey, Kev,

I have my order in already and look forward to the product!

Thanks for keeping us updated and I look forward to hearing more.

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
What doyou guys think that the 2 other characters kevin is working on will be? I think that it should be Fozzie and Gonzo. It would be so cool to own them. Afterthat Master Replicas should make Scooter wearing The Muppet Show Jacket Withe The muppet Show logo patch on the back and his name on the front. They should also sell that jacket as a replica for people to wear. I would buy one.

Davina

Reaction score
really?? in my "ideal lineup" the next 2 out would be Fozzie and Piggy (you know.. ones Kermit usually winds up with..) followed by Gonzo and Rizzo, then probablly Animal, Floyd and Janice.. after that.. i don't know... though I'd really like a Pepe.. (we named the dog after him, so, it'd be nice for her to meet her namesake.. and we think they're about the same size.. hehehee)
but i really don't care what order they come in, as long as we get plenty of them.. :wink:

I do like the jacket idea too.. hehehee

Erine81981

Reaction score
I hope to see Animal. That would be one of them but as well as Fozzie. Now to just pull it out of him. Does anyone have a plan to pull the info out of his brain? If anyone can read minds. DO IT NOW! LOL (Jk)

Status
Not open for further replies.