Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I thought we already knew that Animal was next for sure? Maybe not. Anyway, I still vote for ROWLF - ROWLF - ROWLF!!!

:sympathy:

Cool to see another update in this thread, you guys over at MR rock. Can't wait for my Kermit!!!

:smile:
Anthony

tioandria

Reaction score
Ok I just got back from a brief trip to Southern California where I saw the Kermit Sample that just came in from China.

Also I got a myspace account so I posted the photos there. www.myspace.com/tioandria

The sample looked great and was really cool to pose. I only had about a half an hour to play around with the posing, but I think I managed some halfway decent pictures. One of my comments on this sample is that the seamlines looked too visable. Other than that a couple other minor things I think it was close to perfect.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Kevin

Garland

Reaction score
Thanks Kevin!
I'm curious as to how it actually feels to pose...is the skeleton inside feel "bendy" or is it a metal "armature" vibe? Know what I mean?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
tioandria said:
Ok I just got back from a brief trip to Southern California where I saw the Kermit Sample that just came in from China.

Also I got a myspace account so I posted the photos there. www.myspace.com/tioandria

The sample looked great and was really cool to pose. I only had about a half an hour to play around with the posing, but I think I managed some halfway decent pictures. One of my comments on this sample is that the seamlines looked too visable. Other than that a couple other minor things I think it was close to perfect.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Kevin

awsome i JUST added ya to be my friend on myspace (my myspace's name is disney Stevie) :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Kevin,You have to be a member to view your pics.From the small pic of Kermit that I did see, yes, he looks ready to roll.Photobucket is better for showing photos as you dont have to be a member.

muppetperson

Reaction score
OK, I am a member now and have seen the prototype.Very good.A slight fault I can see is that when Kermit is sitting, it appears there should be slightly more stuffing in his body as it looks like his legs are pressing into his body.Hard to tell about the seems.I can see a bit of the vertical face seem and where the fingers meet the hand.Other wise, very darn good.

MWoO

Reaction score
So this is an actual factory sample? if so, WOW! That really came a long way from the first one. My only real worry is that the face doesn't seem to be able to lay flat. It's almost always scrunched up. I think that is something you guys should focus on. It should be easy to make the mouth plate flat again otherwise it's really going to screw up his look after awhile.

tioandria

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Yes the pictures are of an actual factory sample. It has come a long way since that last sample.

The face can really be bent into any position you want. The "lips" have a wire that can be formed in any position. It really does take time to pose Kermit correctly. It is not something that you can just pull out of a box and it will instantly look character correct. In a couple of weeks, if not sooner, I will get the sample back and try to work on my photo posing skills a bit more.

As for how it feels to pose Kermit... The white sample I got scared me because the joints and everything were very stiff. Also they had a hard shell in the body. Overall it was sturdy but did not feel right. This last sample felt wonderful to pose. There are parts of Kermit that feel like a "bendy" toy. Mainly just the arms. The face poses unlike any toy I have ever played with but it is very easy to manipulate. The legs have "bones" for the upper and lower leg so they bend at the knees, hips, and ankles. The main body has an molded form kind of like a Nerf foot ball under the antron fleece.

Sorry that you have to become a member of Myspace to look at the photos. Everyone should get an account there though because it is really a cool networking tool. It is not just for weirdos looking for dates.

Regards,
Kevin

Davina

Reaction score
bah!.. you're just lucky i was already there to monitor my kids' accounts... :wink:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Hey Kevin First off Kermit is coming along nicely. His coller is the right color but a little too bright. it should be a bit darker. Also the seam in his head should be gone and his color green is right but should be a little darker. Kermits torso area near his legs needs a little less stuffing, his mouth near his cheeks needs to be smooth and not wrinkled and his mouth shape is a little off. Besides that Kermit looks great and I use a photo of the actual Kermit in scenes from one of the movies or The Muppet Show to see if its an exact replica.

Status
Not open for further replies.