Authentic, Fully Licensed, Muppet Replicas Coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garland

Reaction score
Several vendors estimate a July release??? Is this really possible?

tioandria

Reaction score
good question Muppetperson...

The factory is going to make one more sample for us. Actually they always do at least 3 at a time. Hong Kong keeps one, our US Manufacturing group keeps one, and the last one end up traveling around. These will be the samples that all the production is judged against. We have quality control guys who go to the factory and inspect the lot to make sure all 2500 match.

Its going to be difficult but I think the factory is motivated to get this one right.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Davina said:
which version of Piggy would you want to see??
Personally, I'm hoping that the Master Replica folks take a good long look at the Pigs in Space First Mate Piggy figure that Palisades made. It's one of the best Piggy's around!

Her hairstyle from the Muppet Show era would be my pick. Check out some pics of Piggy from "Miss Piggy's Guide to Life". To me, that's Piggy when she was at her "Piggyest". Don't care much for the TMTM afro or the straight hair she's got now.

As for clothes...man, that's gonna be tough. A lot of toys and such had Piggy wearing a purple dress, feather boa and (black with silver sparkles?) high heels. Maybe MR will go that route?

What do you folks think?

Convincing John

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I like the Piggy they used last year for that hair product (or something) commercial, and they used the same Piggy for the Jim Henson stamp ceremony in Hollywood. She looked classic, but in a modern-y sort of way y'know?

Oh yeah, I clicked that link in your second to last post CJ, but I got "Forbidden" something or other. I wanna see a new pic of Fozzie!!

But I'm still hopin against hope for ROWLF!!!!! :sympathy:
:smile:
Anthony

Convincing John

Reaction score
Oh, that link. I was just being silly with that. It leads to a picture of Baskerville dressed like Fozzie. You can see it when you look up the Steve Martin episode of TMS in the Guides section here at MC.

And Rowlf may happen. You never know. Let's see how the Kermit turns out. I ordered one as well, and the newest photos look pretty good so far:excited:

Convincing John

Convincing John

Reaction score
ElecMayhem said:

In picture # 6, you see that there are two Kermits. The one on the left is the one that you have been seeing -- the one that has been manhandled. The one on the right, which you have never seen photos of before, was sent to the factory, and is what spawned the EP that Kevin posted pictures of recently. As you can see, it's along way off. BUT, this is what we are stirivng for. This is what the product needs to look like.

Personally, I am in love with it...but of course, I want to hear what you have to say...

Later,
Travis
The Kermit on the right looks awesome! I think the pupils need to be shrunk a little, but other than that, he's lookin' good.

Of course, these two Kermits in that photo should be wearing reporter coats, holding microphones and squabbling:

Left Kermit: "I'm the real Kermit replica!"
Right Kermit: "I am!"
Left Kermit: "I am!"
Right Kermit: "I am!"
Left Kermit: "I am!"
(They begin fighting) "Oof! Argh! Oof! Ooof! Ouch! Arrrgh!"
Both Kermits: "These are Kermit the Frogs returning you to Muppet Central." (They resume fighting).

:stick_out_tongue:

Convincing John

MWoO

Reaction score
Actually I would LOVE a GMC style Kermit. I wonder if Master Replicas would consider a kind of accessory line to provide various costume changes.

SkeksisGirl

Reaction score
Yes, I know it's a reply to an old post but...

tioandria said:
Ok guys and gals, let the onslaught begin.

[snip]

Here are 51 photos of the first EP Sample from China. There are a ton of things wrong. I am uploading these photos from the Denver Airport and I am about to get on a plane to go to Burbank. So I am doing this pretty quickly. The Master Replicas office is shipping the Kermit so I can review it in person because I thought there were too many corrections needed for me to do it by photos alone. BTW I am going to Burbank to finalize the 2007 Disney plans so any last words on what Muppets you would like to see?

Just so everyone understands, this is the typical quality we seen in our first samples from China. There are always a mess of things to change on every product. It's just part of the process. On difficult projects we may go through 5 EP samples before getting it right. On easy projects we may get it right in 3 samples. I have never seen EP sample be correct on the first try.

Expect Kermit to get better, but now is the time to be very critical since it is the time that changes can be made. I will listen to your input. Like I said I see things that are obviously wrong.

Oh yeah I saw the debate about the Kermit's coloring. These are the Pantone colors that I got from Disney/Henson.

Body, head - 376
Collar, bottoms of feet - 382
Inside mouth - 186
tongue - 191
Black pupils and white eyes.

We are going to make Kermit according to these colors. Hopefully, that puts that debate to rest.

Finally, I have uploaded the approved Disney Packaging for Kermit. I would like to hear your feed back about it.

-kevin

:cry: I tried to click the link but it wouldn't lemme look! So I can't look at the pics! Yes people I am WAY behind on posts so don't sass me. :-P, as for the poser puppet of Kermit... my biggest complaint... IT'S NOT AT MY HOUSE YES! :cry: My parents got it for me for my birthday as a total surprise. I was in shock the whole day... best thing I can say though is... "I'm gonna have my own Kermit to hang with!" now if I can fine someone to help me clone Jim...

Status
Not open for further replies.