Avatars, Sigs and Political Messages

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
A number of forum members have been encorporating political messages into their avatars and signatutes of late. This is a perfectly reasonable response to current events. However, the issues involved are very emotional and some questions have come up about what is and is not appropriate for this forum.

Keeping in mind that this is a family-friendly forum made up of people from around the world, what sort of guidelines, if any, do you think are appropriate?

Please share your thoughts in a polite and respectful manner.

Thank you.

Ryan

Reaction score
I think that my sig, along with Jamie's, Scarecroe's and Warricks, are very appropriate. They tell the readers here the direct meaning.."Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men". However, I found radionate's a little disturbing. I'm sorry, Nate, I didn't mean for that to sound rude, but I found it a little uncomfortable.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I originally designed Nate's avatar on a set, but put the Newsman on location for this version after a request. I was careful to just make the background plain (ground and sky) and a flag taking up the rest of the screen (for general patriotism without taking a particular side on the issue). No real message, just a reporter. However, I can kind of see your side of it. I still think it's clever and thoughtful.:embarrassed:

(Added Note: Every opinion is valued here and input is encouraged.):smile:

I altered my personal avatar to reflect my feelings. I do have patriotism for my country, but I am also globally aware and wish for an outcome of peace in the world. It now better reflects this message.:smile: It's also nice to change avatars a little bit. My original plain Scooter avatar will be back soon.:wink:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter

Please share your thoughts in a polite and respectful manner.

i guess i can't share mine then:wink:

no i really swell with pride for people showing patriotism for WHATEVER country they are in.....it's horrible that it takes a war for people to show it.....i am not changing my avatar, but i have done things in school and at home to support my country....i have put signs around the school that say Support Our Troops (and amazingly the school hasn't deemed it 'controversial') i guess that's all i can do, for now.....

Sarah

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Re: Re: Avatars, Sigs and Political Messages

Originally posted by sarah_yzma
i guess i can't share mine then:wink:

Of course you can! Just thanked Ryan because he was the first to jump in. But thank you, Sarah, for being second. This thread is definitely still open for input....

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
hehe...the thing is you just have to CAREFULLY think over ANYTHING you say, because offending someone is the last thing on MY list (i dunno about the rest of you!) i think everyone needs to think about this when writing something....i personally am not going to press my beliefs on anyone...but i am not going to hide it either so to get it off my chest i will just say my opinion...very carefully....to try not to make people mad.....i hope others do the same....

Sarah

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well I guess I'll add my two cents. (Pounds sterling acually, I do have patrioti..Never mind)

I think that it is great that everyone has been supporting the war, I think what is silly is those people that bring out the protests STILL!!! I mean what is Bush and Blair meant to do? What do they ecpect them to do? Say to Sad Man Insane, "Sorry, made a little mistake then."

BAHHH.

On another note, does anyone mind me putting a verse fro the Bible in mine?

Me--> :attitude: :concern: <---Anyone who dissagrees with me!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
As long as all statements are respectful to forum members, it's okay to post a Bible verse. I personally find such words to be enlightening no matter whose holy book they are taken from. :halo:

It would probably be best to try and keep this topic mainly about the messages in signatures and avatars. There are a couple other active threads for in-depth discussion about the war. I'm really enjoying the different takes people have on the avatars. :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Well my avatar has a political message, but it's a subliminal one. I'm gonna have the penguin run for president next year - vote for him !

:zany: < Commander In Chief !