1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Avatars, Sigs and Political Messages

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by MuppetQuilter, Mar 27, 2003.

1. Thijs

Thijs Member

I stopped discussing in The Gulf War News, beacuse this is a Muppet forum. And I don't want to have fights with people I normally can talk with very friendly about Muppets.

My statement is in my signature below as you can see

2. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

well yeah..i'm always right!

Sarah

3. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

My 0.02...

Even though this IS a Muppet forum, I find that I enjoy discussions (although I'm more of a lurker lately) with my friends, even when I disagree with them. And I consider many of the people here to be my friends.

It saddens me when feelings get hurt (sometimes permanently), because the overriding spirit here should be one of cooperation and friendship. That doesn't always pan out. Because WE aren't Muppets--we're people. *looking down under my chair* Yes. People.

I'm glad the war discussions are taking place, and although I tend towards pacifism, now that Melissa's brother is on his way to Iraq as a Marine, I'm kinda rooting for the U.S. and our military just to get him home to his wife sooner. I don't understand or agree with the reasons we're there, but I think discussing them with people like y'all at least gives us an opportunity to share our feelings.

Anyway, I think the discussions are good. Attacks are bad. And sometimes Penguins WOULD make good presidents, despite their lack of thumbs. And their smell.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

:)

4. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

they smell???....darn...again...too much time around byron...luke..you should really keep them inside!

Sarah

5. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

I agree with what everyone said here. There's nothing wrong with an off-topic discussion, but too often when it comes to politics, the discussions become inflammatory, in which case they should probably just be dropped. This isn't War Central, it's Muppet Central. And your friendships are all too important to me to let it be ruined by this.

I think general patriotism and support for the troops is acceptable. I think a peace symbol is acceptable. I think deliberately inflammatory images are not acceptable, say, putting Saddam Hussein in one's avatar.

Radionate, I love your avatar. It makes me laugh and gives me a small level of comfort to know that somewhere out there, the Newsman is dutifully, if ineptly, attempting to cover the war on location...in Sheboygan.

Luke, I was all ready to head to the voting booth. Then I realized -- your penguin must be British! You can vote him into Parliament, but I don't think any of us can vote him into the presidency!

6. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I just got this Sam the Eagle avatar for a role play, Rowlf was already taken, the nice person who made it just made it this way, i don't think it's wrong, but if people feel it may cause problems or a little tention, i'm more then happy to take it down and could play a diffrent muppet in the role plays.

Zachary,

7. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

I think your fine Zack. Very cool av, btw. :D

-Matt

8. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Thanks Matt, so what did you think of the Pez punch?....I know, I need to stop with that....:o

Zack)Rowlf the, we should all bow down to Sarah, Dog.

9. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Heh, yeah, I think the running gag needes to rest its legs a bit..

But to finish it off proper:

Great Pez Punch Zack! I guess it doesn't take a good soldier to make a good punch! Er..that came out wrong.. ;)

-Matt

10. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

no it didn't

no not my comeback...just easing into this...

Sarah

Matt:4 Sarah: 1/4

11. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

LoL...

I have a quip there, but I'm not going to take it. Once you're into full-fledged zinging, then the fun really begins..:D

-Matt

12. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

*puts on game face*

bring it on

Sarah