Avatars, Sigs and Political Messages

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
I think that my sig, along with Jamie's, Scarecroe's and Warricks, are very appropriate. They tell the readers here the direct meaning.."Peace on Earth, goodwill toward men". However, I found radionate's a little disturbing. I'm sorry, Nate, I didn't mean for that to sound rude, but I found it a little uncomfortable.
Tis okay. No offense taken at all.

My avatar isn't meant to be any kind of a politcal statement. While I refuse to get into politcal discussions here, I was anti war, but now feel I have to support my troops and country and pray for the best for all parties involved.

Since I am in broadcasting/entertainment, I thought it would be fun to have the Newsman on location reporting. To me its very tongue in cheek as well. I feel that journalism on the whole has become a circus covering the war, and how better to show that then with the most pathetic of all Newscasters, the Muppet Newsman, out reporting on the war from what looks like to me a Prarie field in Middle America.

So all in all, its not meant to offend, and I hope I haven't done that to anyone. It's just a comment on my profession.

I actually find all this talk of the war on the board annoying. I'm not here to debate the politics of this country, but rather just escape a little from my daily grind with people who share a passion with me.

I think everyone's avatar's now are non-threating and non-offending. Although I found the use of a predominately shown Iraqi flag a little tacky, even though I understand the person's reasoning behind it.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate

I actually find all this talk of the war on the board annoying. I'm not here to debate the politics of this country, but rather just escape a little from my daily grind with people who share a passion with me.

Passes Nate one of her Tickle Me Elmo Dolls..............

Feel the Love!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Until I have this Avatar changed (for Role play purposes) I have a startling message with Wade Duck.. here goes:

War? w-w-w-wwar? W-w-w-w-... WARRRRR!!!! WAR!!! HELP! HELP! HEEEELLLLPPP!!!!

Sorry... I am an alarmist!

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Well my avatar has a political message, but it's a subliminal one. I'm gonna have the penguin run for president next year - vote for him !

:zany: < Commander In Chief !
yeah...but it's hard for a penguin to sign papers...no thumbs

Sarah

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I think that a Muppet message board just about the most improper place to convey political ideology and opinions that I can think of. We all came here to talk about Muppets, and we should continue to do so.

I am not going to state my opinions, because like I said, this is the last place I want to discuss this topic. However, I have added an American flag to my avatar, because war or not, I am an American, and I am proud of my country and the heroes known as soldiers who are fighting to keep this country safe and free.

God Bless the United States of America.

-Matt

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
yeah...but it's hard for a penguin to sign papers...no thumbs
Hmmmmmm you have a point there.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, now that you think about it, radionate's avatar is sort of disturbing. Mainly because, well, it's the MUppet newsman and we all know everytime he reports a story, something bad happens. If I were him, I'd strear clear of any story like that.....OUCH... jk...:stick_out_tongue: :halo:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was part of a discussion about the Gulf War but dropped out of it. Seemed to be going in circles and flame wars began and personal attacks and emails la la la started up.

The main reason I dropped out of the conversation was that my friends here are more important to me than arguing about politics or whatever, and when it begins to become personal and friendships are at stake, then it is not worth it to me to stay a part of it. Especially when I become offended by them regarding the USA, and it's very hard NOT to defend my country or my own ideas about what's going on.

Then, there are those who want to take it all personally and carry it over into other threads. I think the war topics should remain in war thread(s) and leave the rest of the threads alone, and leave the bad attitudes out of all the threads.

In reality, I'm here to talk about Muppets and play and have fun, which I'm doing.

Avatars all seem okay to me, and I'm not offended by any of them. I do have an upcoming Fozzie as General Patton (taken from the movie poster for "Patton") which I want to use later because it's current-event-like and a movie-parody as well. I don't find it offensive in any manner, and I think that it can generally be guessed that I am very P.R. around here. That, and it won't likely be up too long before I change it out later anyhow.

Sigs? I have no idea because i turned them all off. They take up too much space in the threads to me, so whatever you all do--be nice!! DON'T MAKE ME TURN THIS CAR AROUND!!!

FOZ:embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Couldn't agree more Fozzie. In fact, I don't want anyone to mention the war...

Don't mention the war!!! We can't mention the war....

(Fawlty Towers refference!!)

Anyway, I shall soon change my avatar (for role play sake).

As for my sig, it's not a war statement, it's just something funny from Ned's Newt....