1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Baby Ernestine

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Barry Lee, May 11, 2003.

1. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Does anybody know what skits she was in any body have pictures of her and what years was she ont he show? I miss her she is realy cute.
    from,
    Barry Lee
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

3. That ain't the Ernestine I know...

:p
  4. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

What's the Ernestine that you know?

This one is Ernie's cousin.
  5. Yes, she's Ernie's cousin, but the Ernestine puppet they used to have was sooooooooooo much cuter...

Really!

She was!

She had this wi'w pink button nose, and these wi'w half-cwosed eyes, and this wi'w soft baby voice...

Cute, cute, cute!

:D

:o
  6. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

This is the c. 1988 version.
  7. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

First off, the one Ernestine I know of is Ernie's little niece. So Scarecroe, if you have some other information as to a second Ernestine, please share with the rest of the class.
    Secondly, there are two sketches I know of where Ernestine appeared.
    1 Ernie has Ernestine with him and tries to teach her to say his name. He keeps at it, even breaking down his name into two syllables and banging two small blocks to get his niece to say "Er-Nie." But no matter what, she just won't say his name. Then Bert enters the room and closes the door behind him. We hear Ernie's classic greeting of "Hey Bert!" and then we promptly hear Ernestine say excitedly "Bert!" Guess she inherited some of her uncle's ability to frustratingly annoy others.
    2 The other sketch involving Ernestine was one where Ernie tries to find similarities between the two of them and describes what she looks like, sort of. He says that these are the following differences.
    Ernie: I'm a boy and Ernestine's a girl. I have dark and funny hair, and she has light (blonde) and curly hair. She wears a bonnet and I don't wear a hat. I'm wearing a striped shirt and hers is plain (probably light blue or yellow). And of course I'm big and she's little. So no, I just can't find many things that make us the same, but I still love her. And then he laughs his Ernie-laugh, followed by Ernestine who lets out the same laugh.
    3 There's probably a sketch with Baby Ernestine, Ernie's niece, and Lily Tomlin's character of Ernestine the Telephone Operator, but I'm not sure as to such a sketch existing nor what happened should it exist.
    Third, there's a picture for people to color in of Ernestine in the coloring book, the New Who's Who on Sesame Street which I have as part of my collection.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  8. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Like I said, it's his little cousin. She laughs like Ernie. That's about it.
  9. This is really odd...I know what I'm rememberin' here...

wait, could that be Baby Natasha? Who was she linked to?

:confused:
  10. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

11. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Maybe we should send a picture of Baby Ernestine to the Sesame Street Encyclopedia. Tommie would feel excited about this.
  12. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Mike,

Before we add Baby Ernestine, I would like to know who Byron is referring to.

see ya
  13. The Count

Byron, if you're asking who's Baby Natasha's parents, then here's the answer: Humphrey and Ingrid who most notedly worked as clerks at the Furry Arms Hotel.
    BlueFrackle, now that we know which baby Muppet Byron was refering to, Baby Natasha, can we add the pic of Ernestine to the encyclopedia?
    Hope this helps and have a good night.
  14. I wasn't askin' about Natasha's parents, BlueFrackle was askin' who I was askin' about. LOL! :p

But thanks for the info, I actually didn't rully know anyway. :)

And I saw the words "Muppet Byron" in your post at a glance, and if you take that outta context, that's funny.

Cause I ain't no Muppet, and there ain't no Muppet version of me.

(to my knowledge)

:concern:
  15. The Count

So Byron, by the inference from this post made earlier, were you or weren't you asking who Baby Natasha's parents were?
    Oh, and you misread my earlier post. I said that now that we knew which baby Muppet you were talking about if we could then have the pic of Ernestine added to the encyclopedia's archives.
    Hope this helps clear up any confusion and have a good day.
  16. Well, I think I thought she was a major character's niece, like Ernestine.

But now I know, thanks!

:)
  17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

WHo performed Ernestine... I'd like to say Richard Hunt, but that's probably wrong!
  18. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Tooth,

From listening to that Sound File Scott posted, Id say Jerry.

see ya
  19. mikealan

mikealan New Member

Re: Tooth,

No, I think Kevin Clash performed her. I've heard that she is one of the special muppet guest stars that will appear on the new Play With Me Sesame season from Season 2 stating June 7th.