1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Baby Janice

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by JJandJanice, Feb 8, 2006.

1. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Hello. I remember hearing about there being a Muppet Baby Janice in Muppet Babies. I was just wondering does anyone, anywhere have a pic of her or the episode on tape, I really don't remember seeing her, ever. Thanks
  2. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Janice did make an appearance on Muppet Babies. Unlike the other babies, she was more of an toddler (between 4-6 years old) -- see was bigger than the others and could read. So it is true that Janice did appear on the show as an animated character in one (and only one) episode.

The last season episode "Who's Tale is it Anyway" that also featured Bean Bunny. Bean already knew Janice because they went to the same day care center. The general plot of the episode was that Bean wanted someone to read him his favorite story, "The Tale of Peter Cottontail". Janice said that she could read, to which the others were a bit amazed. Naturally Piggy became jealous and pretended she could read as well (but she really couldn't). As Janice read (and Piggy pretended to read) the characters naturally entered the story-book world. The funny part was seeing Piggy and Janice battle it out between each other fighting for the role Mother Rabbit in the fantasy segments as they told the story. Oddly it was one of the small handful of episodes that was not in regular rotation on Nick or the other syndication networks after the initial run of the show - so it is not commonly remembered.
  3. JJandJanice

Thanks for the info GelflingWaldo, it's a lot of help. Man I hope I can see that episode one day. But still does anyone have a pic of what baby or toddler Janice looks like?
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I tried googling it for you, no luck
  5. JJandJanice

Yeah I didn't think so, I've been looking it up on yahoo, google, msn and all of that and nothing has showed up for the Toddler Janice. I never got to wacth the Muppet Babies while it was still making new cartoons, I only got to see the reruns on NIck and Nick JR, and from what I understand they never played the one with Janice for some reason. Oh well guess that just something that maybe I'll get to see with the DVDs one day, hopefully away. Thanks for your help though. :zany:
  6. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

I distinctly remember seeing that one on Nick.
  7. McFraggle

McFraggle Active Member

I've never a pic online either of Baby Janice.
  8. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

yea this was a great episode I love when she was on the show along with bean and then unkie statler and waldorf came along to hehe great stuff!
  9. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I remember that episode, when It first aired, I couldn't believe they made her a toddler. One time, I found the Six Flags over Nannie episode on VHS, but my VCR wasn't working at the time, so I didn't Buy it, although I wish I had now. The episode also came with the one about the playhouse they ordered in the mail, and while they were waiting they ended up making there own instead. I cant remember the name of the episode.
  10. DreamTripper

DreamTripper New Member

I would love to see some talented artist, possibly from these forums, give us their take on what some of the other Muppets would have looked like on Muppet Babies. There has been Sesame Street Babies merchandise out for several years, mainly books. And now we're getting "Sesame Beginnings," featuring bay versions of Elmo, Cookie, Big Bird, and Prairie Dawn. But what about other Muppets and Henson creations? Fraggle Babies? Baby Electric Mayhem, Sweetums, Clifford, Crazy Harry, Rizzo, and Pepe? Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Farscape Babies?
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I did have a picture of what one of the members here did a disgin of some of the characters in baby form. It was cute looking but I don't know who that was. I would love to see that picture of it again.
  12. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

13. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

I think Vic Romano(sorry if i missplelled that) said he might do something like that, but just for muppets. Baby versions of Dark Crystal? That would be funny to see Baby Skesis.:crazy: :) :crazy:
  14. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

15. JJandJanice

I can't understand why she's kinda older than the other Muppet babies, I mean when you wacth the Muppets, won't you think that Janice is younger than Kermit and most other of the Muppets, am I right?

Yeah somehow, that baby Janice looks a little odd, I'm working on drawing my own verison of Baby Janice, myself. I think my verison will look a bit more like Janice. :flirt:

Plus whose bright idea was it to make her wear sandals with socks???
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Actually, it's not odd at all... The problem is that you're calling her "Baby" janice, when she wasn't a baby at all... She was meant to be a toddler, older than the other Muppet Babies on the show. She met and befriended Bean Bunny from another day-care center, she just came to visit him for that one episode.
    Hope this helps clear things up.
  17. JJandJanice

Yeah that's what I'm saying, I think she would of been a great female Muppet Baby with the other Muppet Babies, plus she would of added to the whole lack of females thing. That is why they just thought of Skeeter for the show, right? But like I was saying, I can't really picture her being older than all the other Muppets. But hey, maybe I'm just thinking too much.

Plus count, I think what everyone meant when they said that they didn't think Janice would look like that isn't about her being a toddler and looking older, that just doesn't really look like Janice. I don't really think it does, for the most part.

Thanks though dude ;)
  18. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

That was pretty cool finally seeing a picture of "Baby" (or "Toddler" probably more correctly) Janice on Muppet Babies. Now I just want to see the actual episode!
    And I think the cartoon version of Janice looks fairly similar to the way she looks in the Muppet Kids books and CD-ROM games.
  19. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Also- if you click on the "Baby Janice" link, you can see another picture of Janice from that episode (standing next to Nanny!)
  20. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I really felt like the inclusion of "Toddler" Janice and Bean and Statler and Waldorf was the beginning of the end for Muppet Babies. The animation was getting weaker, Howie Mandel had left the show, and it was obvious that they were scraping for new ideas by introducing these "new" characters that really brought nothing to the show (if anything, they depleted some of the magic by taking attention away from the original kids). I like Janice very much as a regular Muppet, but for me, she didn't work on Muppet Babies.