Baby Janice

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hello. I remember hearing about there being a Muppet Baby Janice in Muppet Babies. I was just wondering does anyone, anywhere have a pic of her or the episode on tape, I really don't remember seeing her, ever. Thanks

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Janice did make an appearance on Muppet Babies. Unlike the other babies, she was more of an toddler (between 4-6 years old) -- see was bigger than the others and could read. So it is true that Janice did appear on the show as an animated character in one (and only one) episode.

The last season episode "Who's Tale is it Anyway" that also featured Bean Bunny. Bean already knew Janice because they went to the same day care center. The general plot of the episode was that Bean wanted someone to read him his favorite story, "The Tale of Peter Cottontail". Janice said that she could read, to which the others were a bit amazed. Naturally Piggy became jealous and pretended she could read as well (but she really couldn't). As Janice read (and Piggy pretended to read) the characters naturally entered the story-book world. The funny part was seeing Piggy and Janice battle it out between each other fighting for the role Mother Rabbit in the fantasy segments as they told the story. Oddly it was one of the small handful of episodes that was not in regular rotation on Nick or the other syndication networks after the initial run of the show - so it is not commonly remembered.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Thanks for the info GelflingWaldo, it's a lot of help. Man I hope I can see that episode one day. But still does anyone have a pic of what baby or toddler Janice looks like?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Yeah I didn't think so, I've been looking it up on yahoo, google, msn and all of that and nothing has showed up for the Toddler Janice. I never got to wacth the Muppet Babies while it was still making new cartoons, I only got to see the reruns on NIck and Nick JR, and from what I understand they never played the one with Janice for some reason. Oh well guess that just something that maybe I'll get to see with the DVDs one day, hopefully away. Thanks for your help though. :zany:

McFraggle

Reaction score
I've never a pic online either of Baby Janice.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
yea this was a great episode I love when she was on the show along with bean and then unkie statler and waldorf came along to hehe great stuff!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember that episode, when It first aired, I couldn't believe they made her a toddler. One time, I found the Six Flags over Nannie episode on VHS, but my VCR wasn't working at the time, so I didn't Buy it, although I wish I had now. The episode also came with the one about the playhouse they ordered in the mail, and while they were waiting they ended up making there own instead. I cant remember the name of the episode.

DreamTripper

Reaction score
I would love to see some talented artist, possibly from these forums, give us their take on what some of the other Muppets would have looked like on Muppet Babies. There has been Sesame Street Babies merchandise out for several years, mainly books. And now we're getting "Sesame Beginnings," featuring bay versions of Elmo, Cookie, Big Bird, and Prairie Dawn. But what about other Muppets and Henson creations? Fraggle Babies? Baby Electric Mayhem, Sweetums, Clifford, Crazy Harry, Rizzo, and Pepe? Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Farscape Babies?