Baby Janice

Erine81981

Reaction score
I did have a picture of what one of the members here did a disgin of some of the characters in baby form. It was cute looking but I don't know who that was. I would love to see that picture of it again.

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
DreamTripper said:
I would love to see some talented artist, possibly from these forums, give us their take on what some of the other Muppets would have looked like on Muppet Babies. There has been Sesame Street Babies merchandise out for several years, mainly books. And now we're getting "Sesame Beginnings," featuring bay versions of Elmo, Cookie, Big Bird, and Prairie Dawn. But what about other Muppets and Henson creations? Fraggle Babies? Baby Electric Mayhem, Sweetums, Clifford, Crazy Harry, Rizzo, and Pepe? Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, and Farscape Babies?
I think Vic Romano(sorry if i missplelled that) said he might do something like that, but just for muppets. Baby versions of Dark Crystal? That would be funny to see Baby Skesis.:crazy: :smile: :crazy:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I can't understand why she's kinda older than the other Muppet babies, I mean when you wacth the Muppets, won't you think that Janice is younger than Kermit and most other of the Muppets, am I right?

Yeah somehow, that baby Janice looks a little odd, I'm working on drawing my own verison of Baby Janice, myself. I think my verison will look a bit more like Janice. :flirt:

Plus whose bright idea was it to make her wear sandals with socks???

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, it's not odd at all... The problem is that you're calling her "Baby" janice, when she wasn't a baby at all... She was meant to be a toddler, older than the other Muppet Babies on the show. She met and befriended Bean Bunny from another day-care center, she just came to visit him for that one episode.
Hope this helps clear things up.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
The Count said:
Actually, it's not odd at all... The problem is that you're calling her "Baby" janice, when she wasn't a baby at all... She was meant to be a toddler, older than the other Muppet Babies on the show. She met and befriended Bean Bunny from another day-care center, she just came to visit him for that one episode.
Hope this helps clear things up.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, I think she would of been a great female Muppet Baby with the other Muppet Babies, plus she would of added to the whole lack of females thing. That is why they just thought of Skeeter for the show, right? But like I was saying, I can't really picture her being older than all the other Muppets. But hey, maybe I'm just thinking too much.

Plus count, I think what everyone meant when they said that they didn't think Janice would look like that isn't about her being a toddler and looking older, that just doesn't really look like Janice. I don't really think it does, for the most part.

Thanks though dude :wink:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
That was pretty cool finally seeing a picture of "Baby" (or "Toddler" probably more correctly) Janice on Muppet Babies. Now I just want to see the actual episode!
And I think the cartoon version of Janice looks fairly similar to the way she looks in the Muppet Kids books and CD-ROM games.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Also- if you click on the "Baby Janice" link, you can see another picture of Janice from that episode (standing next to Nanny!)

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I really felt like the inclusion of "Toddler" Janice and Bean and Statler and Waldorf was the beginning of the end for Muppet Babies. The animation was getting weaker, Howie Mandel had left the show, and it was obvious that they were scraping for new ideas by introducing these "new" characters that really brought nothing to the show (if anything, they depleted some of the magic by taking attention away from the original kids). I like Janice very much as a regular Muppet, but for me, she didn't work on Muppet Babies.