1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Back To Square One?(The Muppets' 60th Anniversary)

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by beaker, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

GOSH NOT MUPPETVISION PLEASE NO! .

2. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I disagree.

3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Well word is muppet vision 3d has been replaced by (ughhh) Frozen. Maybe a petition can get started. Maybe it's just for the holidays?

Muppet Master likes this.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I agree, we need more 2008/2009 muppet period viral youtubes

Mr Sweetums likes this.
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Dude, let's be honest. There was hardly any merchandise. I should have known better but I was hoping/expecting merchandise THIS time around as we were promised. "well well uh if The Muppets 2011 is successful then next movie we'll get tons of merch!" uh yeah freaking right.

I've seen tonnns of Big Hero 6 merch, which im ok with as i like the designs.

2002-2005 was the BEST time to be a muppet merch collecting fan since the late 70s and 80s, bar none.

yeah hensons dropped the ball on FR so many times I wonder if maybe they should just stop trying.

6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

For the record I loved Letters to Santa, all the 2008 Muppets.com skits and the recent Muppets Disney Drive so I don't get why they can't do a new tv series.

7. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well I think these little insertts that they will be doing for Disney will be a start.

Duke Remington likes this.
  8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I saw a Kermit plush at Walmart the other day, but seriously, just get the muppets streaming, since that is the only way people watch stuff anymore.

9. WalterLinz

WalterLinz Well-Known Member

Guys...let's just all be grateful that Disney didn't give up on The Muppets all thanks to those recently announced shorts.:)

I'm so happy that those will have the same hilarious, crazy, heart-warming persona of the characters. Also you can never go wrong with Bill Barretta directing these!:)

10. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

in my opinion Mr Barretta should be directing a lot more than just Disney Junior Muppet Inserts, those Toyota commercials were amazing :sympathy::shifty::rolleyes::sing::D

11. Muppet Master

One thing I have realized this holiday on TV is that there are barely any muppet movies or specials on. The CW will not air VMX this year sadly, probably because of the low ratings, and that LGMHS thing will not air this year, which I could care less about, probably because of low ratings. There is only one muppet apperance that we know will happen, and local channels are not airing MTM like they did last year. Also, MCC is not featured in the ABC family 25 days of Christmas commercials this year. That is kind of sad, because last year had so much muppet movies and specials on TV, and this year there is little to watch on TV that has the gang.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  12. dwayne1115

The lady Gaga thing is on both Netflix and Hulu, and I think MCC is on Netflix as well.

13. Muppet Master

I do not want to watch LGMHS, but it is not on Hulu, and I already own MCC, I am just saying that there is little to watch with the muppets on TV this holiday.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  14. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

It's just for the holidays. Muppets will be back by summer 2015.

And I'm kind of confused on how "Disney Junior inserts" is the saving grace of this brand? That sounds extremely depressing if you ask me.

My opinion is that Disney has a gigantic year ahead of them. Lots of Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars plus an live-action remake (Cinderella), let's not forget Tomorrowland either. But they always plan ahead. 2015 could bring Muppet announcements, but not very likely any new Muppet stuff. All we can do now is wait.

15. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

You're looking at it the wrong way.

16. dwayne1115

These inserts are not going to be the saving grace to the brand....However it will be introducing the brand and Muppets to a younger audience. Not only that I have it on good authority that these inserts are going to be good, and not to kiddish so that us old school fans will be able to enjoy them. I've heard from an un named source that they where all ad liped and that it was basically the Muppeters playing around. which to me sounds like a whole lot of fun.

If you have never watched any of the shows on Disney Junior I would highly recommend it. the shows, and other content is not super edgy, but it's something that a family could all sit and watch and be somewhat entertained. So don't judge a book by it's cover, even before it's hit the shelf's.

Duke Remington and WalterLinz like this.
  17. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Active Member

But...they're just inserts playing on Disney's programming block for toddlers...

18. Mr Sweetums

Mr Sweetums Active Member

I'm really hoping these inserts are just silly muppets sketches as opposed to anything educational, if it's crazy, clever and random i'll be happy, if it's crazy, clever and educational i'll be disappointed.

WalterLinz and dwayne1115 like this.
  19. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Inserting another pushback...

My Muppet Show App being shut down for good on January 9th.

20. dwayne1115

Well that is not good at all.......I had heard that that was a fun little game.

I have been thinking about the old 1990 deal that the Jim Henson Company had with Disney compared to the 2005 buyout of the Muppets. I feel that if they could have kept the 90's deal that the Muppets would be as big as they where durring the Muppet Show days. Just look at the list and varity of the Henson library that was released under Jim Henson video, and Disney from 93 to 96.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Jim_Henson_Video

There was a good mix of classic Henson/Muppet productions and new things as well. If they kept this deal going there would be no question that Muppets Tonight would at least be out on VHS, and Muppets from Space and Kermit Swamp years would more then likely would have been done, but done differently as well.