Bad News...

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Snowthy, I've been in this exact same situation. Only it was weirder, because it was someone I've known my entire life, and everytime our families got together - for like a year - one of the parents would say something. (We finally did get together, but on our own accord)

If I've learned anything, it's that if you are supposed to be in a relationship right now, then it will be really obvious. And if you don't want to be in a relationship right now, or aren't ready to be, then DONT.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Yeah, that's actually the "plan"... or whatever you want to call it... because I really don't have any intentions on hurting anyone's feelings... and I KNOW my mom's just dying for me to have a woman in my life, lol.
moms :smirk: .. what can you do?

Skye

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what's making it harder here, it seems, is that your mom is so into you being in a relationship. I'm sorry that she's pushing you to be in one when you really don't want one, but you do have a nice plan for it. Just gotta go along with it for now, I guess, hehe. I still wish you the best with it and with working it out, though. :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
moms :smirk: .. what can you do?
Tell me about it; my mom is CONSTANTLY saying things like "I pray everyday the Lord will find the right woman for you to spend the rest of your life with", "I can just see it now, you'll find yourself some little blonde and then you'll be like 'Kathy who?'", "I know you say you don't want to be married, but I KNOW you WILL be..."

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I hate that. They try to be so helpful, but it doesn't help. Just be glad you're not a girl. Because if it's not my mom, it's my friends going at me: "Oooh Alex! You and Michael would make suuuuch a cute couple!" "Alex, go say hi to Michael!" "Alex, go ask Michael to dance!" "Alex you and Michael would be sooooo adorable together!" yadda yadda yadda.........

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah tell me about it... it REALLY DOES NOT HELP at all!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Bwahaha... parents. For me it used to be "Why don't you get out of the house once in awhile? Go call someone or go to a party or something". (Back when I was in my hermit stage :wink: )

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bwahaha... parents. For me it used to be "Why don't you get out of the house once in awhile? Go call someone or go to a party or something". (Back when I was in my hermit stage :wink: )
Pepper a hermit? Lol...

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Oh GOSH. That's annoying when they do that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish my mom would be more like "well if you say you don't want to be in a relationship, that's fine" instead it's always "yeah you say that now, but one of these days some little cutie's going to come along and just steal your heart then you'll be like 'you were right mom, I was wrong'".:grouchy: