Banana Splits

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
peachesncream said:
thanks for stirring up the memories.
as for the name my husband calls me peaches and i just elaborated on it and now peachesncream is my name for everything. i'm actually not that creative.
i think i enjoyed the banana splits better than the cartoons.
You're welcome peachesncream.
Incidentally I'm a new self published author. If you haven't already noticed them please check out my threads in Gen Disc called My book launch and follow up to my book launch:smile:

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
This is a tiny little bit of a digression, but does anybody remember the series Bananas in Pajamas? I only saw it a couple times, but when I saw the name of this it totally jogged my memory. They were full body puppets of bananas, except they wore pajamas. It was almost /too/ brilliant. :wink:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
heres a little tid bit for you all , the costumes were built by the same guys who created , Land of the lost, Sigmund the sea monster,lidsville, and many other shows,

and at least one of the voices (yes they spoke but is wall sort of a pantomine, they didnt have any real mouth articulation, just sort of flapped thier mouths if at all) was done buy the guy who did Dick Dastardly (i forgot his name as well, but he passed away recetley)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
And also one of them Snorky didn't talk at all. He just made noises that sounded like Beep or Honk

zeldazipple

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Does anybody enjoy the Banana Splits?
I am not asking if you like eating banana splits understand, but rather did you enjoy watching Hanna-Barbera's classic Comedy TV series featuring Fleegle, Bingo, Drooper and Snorky? I always thought they were brilliant.
They were not puppets but they were fully costumed people so they were sort of related to puppets.
Does anybody remember watching them long time ago?
Oh man do I EVER remeber the Banana Splits. That was one of my fave shows as a kid to watch. I have a CD which has all their songs on it.

Xerus

Reaction score
I remember the voices of the Banana Splits were done by....

Fleagle.... Paul Winchell
Bingo.......Daws Butler
Drooper....Alan Melvin
Snorky.....someone honking a horn

I also remember the Banana Splits had their arch enemies, a gang of bullies called the Sour Grapes. We never get to see the Sour Grapes, but the Banana Splits always panicked whenever they heard their motorcycles drive up. Then Charlie the Sour Grapes messenger girl would pop in, hand them a message, and leave. The messages always had something different. One had....

Sour Grapes challenged them to a tennis match. Fleagle stepped out the door, some bouncing was heard, and Fleagle came in all beat up saying they made him the ball.

Sour Grapes wanted to give the Splits a pet. Bingo goes out to get it and comes back in with needles in his skin saying it was a porcupine.

Sour Grapes invites the Splits to a party. Drooper goes out to find out what kind of party it is. Drooper comes back in with a chair tied to him and arrows in his head saying it was an Indian war party.

The Grapes challenge the Splits to a contest. Drooper goes out the door and comes back in with his tail tied in knots saying it was a knot tying party.

And the Grapes wanted to challenge the Splits' toughest member to a fight with their toughest member. They sent Snorky out there. A lot of pounding was heard and a flat cardboard Snorky came back in and landed on the floor.

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
This is a tiny little bit of a digression, but does anybody remember the series Bananas in Pajamas? I only saw it a couple times, but when I saw the name of this it totally jogged my memory. They were full body puppets of bananas, except they wore pajamas. It was almost /too/ brilliant. :wink:
YES BANANAS IN PYJAMAS I REMEMBER AND IT IS STILL ON TELEVISION IN AUSTRALIA WITH B1,B2,RAT AND THE TEDDIES, MORGAN,AMY AND LULU. THE SHOW IS STILL GOING .