Barney the Dinosaur creator's son arrested for attempted murder

JohnMan418

Reaction score
I wonder what possessed him to do such a thing. Sheryl Leach must be very devastated and especially since this killer was the inspiration for her show.

SonicHOG

Reaction score
Don't worry, all the Ryans I know here are good folk. And aren't that particular Ryan you think it is. :stick_out_tongue:
I wasn't even thinking of Ryan, funny enough. I was just saying that this shouldn't become a topic where Sesame and Barney fans would fight about which show is superior.

But to get back on topic, I gotta say some of the comments I've seen are a bit unnecessary, but unsurprising considering who it's related to.
Take this TMZ poster's comment, for example: "If my mother was the creator of Barney, I would've commited suicide."

I'm not taking it personally, but I still find it a bit in poor taste, especially knowing the history between Sheryl, Patrick, and Barney (the purple guy's been around since Patrick was two years old). Just my opinion though

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
At least unlike the Kevin Clash situation, no one is going to lose their job over at Barney for this.

SonicHOG

Reaction score
At least unlike the Kevin Clash situation, no one is going to lose their job over at Barney for this.
True, but since the series hasn't been in production since 2010, everyone has (in a sense) lost their job working on the show.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
True, but since the series hasn't been in production since 2010, everyone has (in a sense) lost their job working on the show.
Sure, the show itself may be out of production but SG just mentioned they still release multiple Barney DVDs a year, I don't know how much of the DVDs are cut-and-paste jobs or new footage but surely the team behind the show films new footage for videos for at least a few days out of the year, so the sets/costumes/whatever they have are all still in use, if not on as frequent a basis as they were.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I wonder what possessed him to do such a thing.
According to some news sources, this was over a property dispute. The gun came out, apparently, when trespassing occured.

Patrick is now free, thanks to a $1 Million bail. Neighbours are understandably worried.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Sure, the show itself may be out of production but SG just mentioned they still release multiple Barney DVDs a year, I don't know how much of the DVDs are cut-and-paste jobs or new footage but surely the team behind the show films new footage for videos for at least a few days out of the year, so the sets/costumes/whatever they have are all still in use, if not on as frequent a basis as they were.
In 2009, new material was shot for the fourteenth season of Barney & Friends (Which featured rearranged sets of the twelve-minute "half episodes" from the tenth and eleventh seasons - Two per episode, as they were presented originally), as well as for six "clip show" DVDs. (Let's Play Outside, A-Counting We Will Go, I Can Do It, Big World Adventure, A Very Merry Christmas and I Love My Friends)

The studio in which Barney was shot was closed down sometime after this, so the set no longer stands. In addition, many props were sold. For the time being, there is no replacement set.

All of the 2009 material has been released (As far as I know), and every Barney release since has been a compliation of episodes from the latter half of Barney & Friends.

SonicHOG

Reaction score
In 2009, new material was shot for the fourteenth season of Barney & Friends (Which featured rearranged sets of the twelve-minute "half episodes" from the tenth and eleventh seasons - Two per episode, as they were presented originally), as well as for six "clip show" DVDs. (Let's Play Outside, A-Counting We Will Go, I Can Do It, Big World Adventure, A Very Merry Christmas and I Love My Friends)

The studio in which Barney was shot was closed down sometime after this, so the set no longer stands. In addition, many props were sold. For the time being, there is no replacement set.

All of the 2009 material has been released (As far as I know), and every Barney release since has been a compliation of episodes from the latter half of Barney & Friends.
From what I know, some material was shot in 2010 (At least for A Very Merry Christmas and I Love My Friends, but I think most of the other clip shows were filmed that same year) until rehersals started for Barney Live in Concert - Birthday Bash. The sale I believe occured in September 2011 (one of the actresses on Barney notified a friend of mine (who happened to be friends with this actress) of this months after it happened and I was notified by him). Basically, since then, the cast and crew of Barney & Friends know as much as we die-hard fans do: nada, zip, zilch, etc.

On the subject of DVD releases, I still don't get the logic behind ignoring the earlier 10 years of Barney's history, save for the aging quality of early Barney & The Backyard Gang titles (two of them used blue screen and look horrible by today's standards). Hopefully, something will come out for the anniversary. Heck, even current Barney fans (fans in the target age range) are watching the old shows as well as the new ones.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score