Battle Within: The Spider-Man 3 Thread (Spoilers Ahead!)

muppetwriter

Reaction score
No prob.:smile:

I checked my local Wal-Mart store earlier today and thought that the action figures were already released. But it turns out that only the walkie-talkies for Venom, Spider-Man, Sandman, and The New Goblin are out, along with some Hot Wheel cars.

Can't wait until the 24th though. I'm aiming to get a Venom, Sandman, New Goblin, Lizard, and symbiote Spidey.:excited:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
They were actually kind of cool, especially the one package that includes both Spidey (in the red/blue costume) and Venom. My only complaint is why does Venom look so purple in both the toys and the picture books. The guy's black, not purple.:stick_out_tongue:

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
Influence from "Ultimate Spider-Man" perhaps? Is it just me or do Marvel movies seem influenced by the "Ultimate" comics some times?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yes, they do a lot. Much of what's going into the Eddie Brock character for the third film is based on his "Ultimate" character, even throwing in the "Jr." part.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, I watched Spiderman 1 last night again. Did anyone notice that Eddie is referenced in that?

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Yeah, I caught it a long time ago, back when I was sitting in the movie theater watching it for the first time.:smile:

Eddie Brock is also referenced in the novelization of the first movie, having a bit of a cameo and mentioned by his full name. J. Jonah Jameson unwittingly makes an ironic allusion to Venom by screaming "Would it kill you to get a decent suit!?".

They say a cameo role was filmed with an actor named R.C. Everbeck set to play Brock, but was unfortunately cut during production.

MWoO

Reaction score
The game looks as good as the movie! Are those in game or cut scenes?