Beaker's Appearance in Wired!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if there's already a thread about this. I picked up a copy of the magazine Wired today, and I noticed it had a piece on the The 9 Best Sidekicks Ever. And who do you think made the list? Our own lovable lab assistant, Beaker! :eek:

"Strengths: Super-regenerative powers enable him to survive all of Dr. Honeydew's experiments, from deflation to explosion.

Weaknesses: Meep-meep is the extent of his vocabulary."--Troy Brownfield

Thanks, Troy, that was much appreciated! :wink:

Although, is the meep thing really a weakness? Hehe :confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Weaknesses: Meep-meep is the extent of his vocabulary."--Troy Brownfield

I always thought he had more of a speach impediment that kept him from saying anything but Mee-mee muh mooh mee meeeep (and variations on that). I need to rewatch season 2, since in his first appearances, I recall him sighing and making other noises like that.

But great for Beaker. What were th other sidekicks (Betting Robin was one of them).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What were th other sidekicks (Betting Robin was one of them).
Oh good question! Yup, the Boy Wonder was one of them! Also included were:

Samwise Gamgee from Lord of the Rings
Mr. Spock from Star Trek (only logical, hehe)
Chewbacca from Star Wars ("Ah, you said it, Chewie!" lol)
Dana Scully from X Files
Waylon Smithers from The Simpsons
K.I.T.T. the talking car from Knight Rider
Willow Rosenberg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Beaker's in good company! (At least I think so, hehe). Wonder whom he would get along with?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really think Arthur shoulda been on that list. You think Bert has good restraint with Ernie, he should be a saint for handling The Tick.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Oh good question! Yup, the Boy Wonder was one of them!
When you said Robin the first thing that came to my mind was the frog Robin (and I am a comic book collector:insatiable:! ) *hee* That is so cute thinking of him as the boy wonder:excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah if the list had been a bit longer, we would have seen even more of our favorites. Hehe, that's cute that you thought of Robin the frog, hehe. Do you collect Batman comics, or other things?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the magazine and the list of sidekicks? If so could you send me the pics to my email. I'm part of the Muppet Wiki and you know what that is right? If not just visit it here

But here's my email: basketpusherkyle@yahoo.com

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Hmm not sure if I can get a picture at the moment, I'll have to see. But it's the March 2008 issue and on the cover is this big red sign with the word "Free" on it. (But no, it's not free. Just a little misleading, lol).