Beautiful Day Monster

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Docnzhoss said:
I agree with you, Dee. I liked the version of this sketch on TMS where Madeline Kahn was the optimistic one and Doglion was the spoiler. I saw this version before I ever saw the one on Ed Sullivan. Both sketches were really well done and I enjoy both of them very much.
True.True.:big_grin:

fatblue

Reaction score
I think the Beautiful Day Monster on the Muppet Show was less scary in my opinion.

superfan

Reaction score
HEY WAIT!! Why, there's a Muppet Show skit just like that! I can't remember who guest starred...female, for sure...but she's walking in the park and...geez, I can't even remember what the monster looked like, but it followed that very same plot line, even the line she says at the end!

D-oh!
Anyone remember what I'm talking about?

superfan

Reaction score
Oh, for pete's sake, I should read everybody's before I start running off at the mouth! Sorry~! :embarrassed:

SesameMike

Reaction score
I remember one Sesame Street sketch in which Beautiful Day Monster is identified as "Fred".

There was this hippie Muppet who had an agenda for a lineup of monsters to start marching, then keep reversing directions. To do this he had 5 monsters calmly in line behind him. IIRC, Beautiful Day Monster was fourth in line and Grover was last. But before they started marching, Grover trotted up to the front of the line, with audible footsteps, and protested "I do not want to be last in line! <insert two declarative footsteps>. So the hippie assigned BDM to get behind Grover. BDM complied without a sound (I don't think any of the other monsters had lines here), while Grover happily chuckled "Fred's last!" But even that wasn't enough. A few seconds later Grover waltzed back up front and said "I'd appreciate it, if I could be first (in line)." The hippie was just fine with that. But when they started marching, they quickly reversed directions as planned, and suddenly the first in line was last. Grover kept trying to reclaim his line leadership post, but they kept reversing on the hippie's cue of "Now let's go the other way", and Grover only got trampled. At the very end he said, panting, "Now I am not first, and I am not last, but I am... tired (does his trademarked backwards collapse)"

Note that the Sesame Dictionary has a Fred Monster who looks nothing like BDM

MuppetDude

Reaction score
It's great that you have such fantastic "Sesame" memory. :big_grin: