Behind the Romance, There is Reality

Beebers

Reaction score
Beth C said:
Thank you.. I really need those right now.. (and a shoulder to cry on) ~Beth C
Dang, there is a LOT of that going around, have you seen MY posts lately??? Hugs to you, and you are brightening all our days with your writing lol.

:sympathy:

And thank zee stars above for Aaron's well-timed hugs etc.

If you go to the Feeling a Little Stressed thread in Fun and Games, and read back a page or two, you will feel better.

Beth C

Reaction score
I think I will check out that thread, cause stressed is just what I am.

But what is really helping more than anything is the encouragement I'm getting from my story. The more feedback I get, the less stressed I feel. I think it makes me feel like I'm doing something right in a world where everything is going wrong.

~Beth C

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was really good. I especially liked the Manhattan Melodies reference. I'm sorry that you've been feeling stressed lately, Beth. I hope things get better.

Beth C

Reaction score
Sorry about the delay -wait no more! :smile:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(6 months later)

Kermit sat down with a stack of papers that Piggy had handed him to look over. There were receipts and pamphlets, scraps with notes scribbled on them, some with figures and some with suggestions from the other muppets.

He was supposed to sign some of the ones requiring payment and sort out the rest. He had no idea when he had proposed that there was going to be this much paperwork involved in a wedding. The one in Melodies had required less planning.

A caterer’s bill was folded neatly and yet the travel brochure for the honeymoon was unfolded and marked with big red circles. Did they really need doves at the wedding? Was the bubble machine really a necessity? Swans? Then he ran across the bill for the dress and gulped.

He was going to have to sit down with her and talk to her. She obviously wasn’t understanding his request for a small outdoor wedding. He was still sorting the pile when Robin walked into the room.

“Uncle Kermit?” the small frog asked.

Kermit didn’t look up, but merely acknowledged his nephew with a small grunt.

“Am I interrupting you?” he asked sounding a bit afraid of the answer.

Kermit sighed and glanced towards the doorway. He saw Robin standing there looking like he was supposed to be in trouble. “Yes, but it’s nothing that I can’t do later.” He shifted the stacks of unsorted papers and motioned for Robin to come closer. “What is it?”

“Well, Uncle Kermit, its…” he started to say and then looked away. “Aw, never mind, I shouldn’t be bothering you.”

“Robin, if something is bothering you, you can tell me.” Kermit replied while watching the younger frog fidget. “I am never too busy to help you.”

“Are you sure?” Robin took a step into the room, then hesitated.

Kermit stood up and walked over to where Robin stood. He took his nephew’s hand and led him to the couch, where they both sat. “Absolutely. I want you to feel like you can always come to me if there is a problem.”

Robin looked down at the floor and sighed, “Well, it’s just that Miss Piggy…” he broke off then to look at his Uncle.

“What did she do, Robin?” Kermit asked, fearing the answer.

“Oh, it’s nothing like that,” Robin said carefully. “It’s what she wants me to do.”

Kermit suddenly had a feeling that whatever it was, he wasn’t going to like it. It wasn’t easy to get Robin this flustered. “What did she ask you to do?” Kermit said, keeping his voice calm.

“Well, she wants me to wear this silly looking tuxedo, for starters. It’s nothing like the nice one you picked out, Uncle Kermit. This one has ruffles and frills and it makes me look silly.” Robin admitted. “I really don’t want to wear it, but I will if that will make you both happy. That’s just part of it.”

Kermit stroked the young frog’s back soothingly. “Robin, you won’t have to wear anything uncomfortable, I’ll see to it.” He felt the young body relax a bit at his words. “What else is there?”

Robin tensed up again. “Aside from the silly tux, she wants me to walk down the aisle with her niece, Penelope, who is going to be the flower girl.”

Kermit frowned. “That’s usually the way it is done, Robin. The ring bearer always walks next to the flower girl.”

“No, no,” Robin shook his head. “I know that, it’s just the way she is having Penelope dressed that’s the problem.”

“I don’t want to know the answer to this, do I?” Kermit said, more to himself than to Robin.

“You probably don’t.” Robin agreed. “She’s having Penelope dressed in a gown similar to hers. The flower girl isn’t supposed to be wearing a wedding dress, right, Uncle Kermit?”

Kermit sighed. This whole wedding was going to Piggy’s head. “Right.”

“Well after we get to the end of the aisle, I’m supposed to lift up Penelope’s veil and give her a kiss!” Robin scrunched his face up and looked like it was the last thing on Earth he wanted to do.

Kermit gave his small nephew a reassuring hug. “It’s okay, you are not going to have to kiss her. Thank you for telling me this. I’ll sit down with Piggy and we will get this straightened out.”

Robin looked a bit uncertain. “I think she’s pretty set on having this. I tried to talk to her and she said I was being silly.”

“You are not silly,” Kermit stated. “No one is going to make you kiss anyone until you are ready. Then it’s your choice who you kiss.” He passed one hand over Robin’s small head and down his back. “Understand?”

Robin nodded. “Yes, thank you, Uncle Kermit.” His voice was back to normal now. “I’m glad I came to speak to you.”

With a final hug, Kermit released him. “I’ll get this straightened out. No more worrying. Always remember I’m here to help.”

Robin smiled and hopped gleefully from the room.

Kermit sighed and looked back to the stack of unsorted papers. Yes, he was going to have to sit down with his fiancée before she charged the bill up too high to pay.

He just wasn’t looking forward to the confrontation.

~To be continued in Part 10

Beebers

Reaction score
Ah, zee trouble in paradise, yes? This is excellent. I'm lovin' all this story writing going on, and good timing too, good distraction from my own Life Grief and Aggravation.

:big_grin:

Beth C

Reaction score
Trouble? What ever gave you that idea? :wink:

I've been saving this part for a long time. You just have to know what is coming when he confronts her, don'tcha?

Let's see - 1 overexcited female diva pig with her first wedding - Add in 1 slighly aggrivated frog who just wants to keep everything as simple as possible and what do you get?

KABOOOM!!!!

Yes, the next part is going to be worth the wait.

~Beth C :smile:

Beth C

Reaction score
Allright, so I couldn't wait!

He went looking for Piggy shortly thereafter. She wasn’t anywhere to be found. He asked everyone he saw, and no one had seen her lately.

“Well, she did say, like, she was going to try on another dress,” Janice supplied trying to help. “She might be there.”

Fozzie said that the last time he had seen her, she had been carrying some big boxes out to her car. Gonzo had seen her talking to some lady he had never seen before and using words such as ‘elaborate’ and ‘sophisticated’ while smiling sweetly.

He finally found her in her condo later in the evening. He had knocked and to his surprise, she actually had opened the door. He had tried three times previously in the day with little results.

“Kermie!” she had exclaimed and pulled him inside.

He took one look at her normally pristine surroundings and shook his head. There were bags that were loaded with white fabric bows, suitcases half-full, boxes filled with samples of fabrics, samples of flowers, assorted glassware and other trinkets.

One box was overfilled with different types of wedding announcements. There were glitzy ones, shiny ones, ones that looked like they would cost more than the dress and so on.

“Piggy,” he started to say but she interrupted him.

“Don’t mind the mess, Kermie,” she said waving a hand gaily about. “I will get it all cleaned by the wedding.” She picked out one of the papers from a box. “I still have so much to do!”

“Piggy- “ he tried again, but she still wasn’t really paying any attention to him really.

She danced around the room, checking into this bag or that box looking for something. “Now where did Moi put that thing?”

He couldn’t answer, he didn’t even want to guess what silly thing she was looking for. Whatever it was, he was sure they didn’t really need it.

“Will you listen to me?” He said, raising his voice slightly to get her attention.

She had been half inside a box when she stood and looked at him, one hand around a handful of white feathers. “You don’t have to yell, I’m right here.”

“What are you doing with those?” He pointed towards the feathers. “We don’t need feathers at a wedding!”

She looked at him like he had grown horns. “Of course we need the feathers. You can’t have the swans just sitting around on the hard grass.”

“We don’t need swans! Or doves! Or any other flying animal!” His hands flew in the air as he yelled. “We don’t need bubbles either!”

She frowned down at him. “What is it you want then? Folding chairs and secondhand clothes?” She stormed across the room, the feathers flying up into the air as she went. “Maybe I should cancel the order for the cake and have one sent from the grocery store!”

“Piggy!” He tried to interrupt her tirade, but she was again not listening to him.

“To save money and give everyone a break, we can all go on the honeymoon as well, how about that? We can ride in the bus again and share a room! We can even have Gonzo do our wedding photos!” Her sarcasm grew as she began tossing boxes around. “Now where is that list so I can cancel everything?”

Kermit waved some of the feathers away from his face. “Piggy, you don’t have to do that. We just need to sit and talk about what really is necessary.”

She marched up to him. “You have no idea what is involved in planning a wedding, Kermie. To you, nothing is necessary. To me, it is.”

“You are overdoing it, and I just want to figure out what is needed. There is no need to get carried away.”

“I’m not getting carried away,” she said with a whine in her voice. “This is the only time I’m going to get married and I want it done right.”

“Did you know that you upset Robin today? He was afraid to come talk to me because you had him kissing your niece!” Kermit moved away from her, just in case she decided to start swinging at him. “He was downright disgusted with the idea!”

She blinked. Disgusted? Did Kermit just say that to her? “I thought it would have been cute!” she fumed at him. “Fine, he doesn’t have to kiss her, happy now?”

Happy was the one thing Kermit was far from. “Not until we sit down and talk.”

“And ruin all my plans?” she asked him with tears in her eyes.

He was beginning to think this wasn’t a very good idea right now. “Look, I can see you are upset, Piggy. I’ll go for now and come back when you are calmer.”

“Upset?!? You barge in here, hollering at me about my wedding and you tell me that I’m upset?” She stomped her foot down as emphasis. “I have a right to a good wedding and you are trying to ruin it!”

“It’s not like that!” He protested. She always managed to twist his words around somehow. “I just want to downsize it a bit. Is that too much to ask? After all it is MY wedding too!”

“You planned this all along!” she howled at him. “You said we could have a nice wedding and now look at you! You’re changing it all!”

“Will you shut up for a moment and let me talk!” Kermit yelled right back at her, then realized his mistake too late.

Her mouth dropped open. “Fine, you want me to ‘shut up?’ I’ll shut up! Go talk to someone else then!” She stormed across the room to her bedroom and flung open the door. “You are not ruining MY wedding!”

He had enough. She wasn’t even trying to listen to him. “Fine! Have it your way then! Just don’t expect me to be there!”

She picked up the nearest box, which just happened to be the one full of feathers and heaved it at him. “I hate you, Kermit! Go away!”

The box bounced off the table nearest him and hundreds of feathers flew into the air. He could barely see her through the cloud of white. She turned and slammed the door behind her.

Now that had just gone so well, he thought as he dusted feathers off himself. He walked towards the bedroom to calm her down, when the door flew open.

“Take your dime store ring with you!” She yelled as she threw it at him.

The stone smacked him in the face between his eyes. Then the door slammed again and he was alone.

He bent over to pick up the ring from where it lay on the feathers. Just where had his previous happiness gone? The stone glinted dully in his hand. Why was it so hard to deal with her all the time? Why did she have to hurt him like this?

He looked at the door again but it stayed closed. There were no answers for him. None at all.

~To be continued in Part 11

Beth C

Reaction score
Where is everyone???

Well, I hope some of you are still around reading this.

Just to make it fun, I've gone ahead and put this story up on my website. If you want to be able to get the full reading experience, with photo and music :smile: then click below

www.bethcfanfic.homestead.com/romance.html

Stop by, check it out. I still have a few puncuation errors to fix, but overall, it's a much easier reading experience and you don't have posts in between the story. :wink:

Tell me what you guys think!

~Beth C

Beauregard

Reaction score
“You are not ruining MY wedding!”

“Fine! Have it your way then! Just don’t expect me to be there!”

Oooh, nice dialouge. Now we rully have to see what comes next.

Great story, very gripping.