Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
For Warner Home Video, I worked on a number of Hanna-Barbera DVD sets
Cool! :excited: Would you know if Warner has plans to release "The Banana Splits" onto DVD? :zany:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Are the new Tom and Jerry cartoons going to televised?
So far they've only been sold in Europe. I hope someone will pick them up to air here.

:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Cool! :excited: Would you know if Warner has plans to release "The Banana Splits" onto DVD? :zany:
They were on the schedule at one point, but the films are in such bad shape that they were pulled. Hopefully, after some restoration, they will be put back on the schedule.

Erine81981

Reaction score
There shown on Boomeragar or are you meaning that they'll be put on DVD?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Would you know what is coming to DVD as in of Hanna Barbera?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
They were on the schedule at one point, but the films are in such bad shape that they were pulled. Hopefully, after some restoration, they will be put back on the schedule.

Awesome, thanks :big_grin:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Would you know what is coming to DVD as in of Hanna Barbera?
We're getting wayyyyyyyyyy off topic here, but since we're already here...

I just finished work on four sets. They are:

Huckleberry Hound: Complete Seasons 1 & 2
Yogi Bear: The Complete Series
The Flintstones: Season 4
Tom and Jerry: Spotlight Collection 2

There are some great extras on these sets, especially on the Huck and Yogi. We reconstructed several of the original shows as they originally aired, complete with interstitial material that hasn't been seen in over 40 years and some in color for the VERY FIRST TIME! (Meaning, they were filmed in color, but never shown that way since most TV's and TV Stations in the late 1950's couldn't broadcast or receive color.) There are Kellogg's cereal commercials, too, which was the original sponsor.

There is also a tribute piece to the great Daws Butler, voices of Huck, Yogi, Dixie, Mr. Jinks, Snagglepuss and a bunch of others. And there is a nice documentary about Hoyt Curtin, who did all the music for Hanna-Barbera for many years.

These are just a few of the highlights.

And no, for you skeptics out there, I don't get any money whether you buy them or not, so my enthusiasm is strictly for the material.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks WOE. Your one cool guy. Thanks and sorry about getting off the topic. We'll start a thread if there isn't one made yet. Thanks again WOE.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Have you ever considered writing articles about your experiences on the Sesame Street set?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Have you ever considered writing articles about your experiences on the Sesame Street set?
Hmm, I haven't... But I probably should. I've just been dropping little stories here and there around the forum. After I get The Muppet Movie article pulled together, maybe I can work on that.