Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you, MuppetDude!!!

What great pictures! Brought back some wonderful memories for me. I certainly had never seen them before.

I'm going to try and annotate them and show everyone where I am in the 3rd picture. Even the people who know me now won't be able to spot me. I had frizzy hair, a beard and weighed about 20 pounds more back then.

In the second picture, if we weren't wearing black and standing in a hole, you'd be able to see me really clearly! :wink:

Anyway, thank you again for finding those.

:stick_out_tongue:

Whatever

Reaction score
I love your avatar with Muley and your puppet, WOE!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One of the highlights said The Real Waldorf. What does this mean? Was waldorf based on him or something?

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Okay, here's the annotated picture. I'm the one in the center of the circle, not the guy in the front with the moustache.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1186/4105878/8554372/115827957.jpg

I also pointed out a few other highlights. I didn't mark Jim and Frank... you guys can find them yourselves!

:stick_out_tongue:
Man. Not only you are one of my hero writers but also another hero muppeteer. Takes off hat.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I love your avatar with Muley and your puppet, WOE!
Wait'll you come home and see our practice DVD! It's hilarious! Davey and Muley work very well together. One of the BIGGEST laughs Dave gets is when the cellphone goes off.

"Oh! I...will be right back. My pants are vibrating!"
(Paraphrased).

Muley's biggest laugh isn't even him saying anything, it's when he acts like he's flying away at the end of the third session.

I take that back, it's when the 'phantom head' appears and while trying to find it an 'arm' appears on the screen.

Both get huge laughs when something happens and they can't coordinate which side of the screen they're looking at because it was all improv and nothing pre-planned.

Davey, btw, is as old as me and was constructed so well and taken such good care of that he looks new still!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You mentioned that there was an emmit otter line (for smaller puppets) and there was a sesame street line. Do you remember what all lines there were? I'm guessing that there was a main Muppet Show character line (although I have a feeling that the main performers were performing the main characters), a full-body muppet line, a monster line, and a supporting characters line.