Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't remember specifically how the other groups were broken up, but they tended to be grouped by the show they came from, rather than the type of character they were.

I think you are right that the "star" characters were already assigned to people they knew.

They asked for volunteers for the full-body puppets. Anybody who was the correct height could have performed them. I thought about it for a second, then decided not to go for it. There was probably only one or two that would have fit me anyway. Most of them are built for taller people.

:stick_out_tongue:

Whatever

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
One of the highlights said The Real Waldorf. What does this mean? Was waldorf based on him or something?
i second that!

unclematt

Reaction score
Those are some incredible pictures and then postings to follow. Thank You for all of your knowledge Was Once Ernie.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
One of the highlights said The Real Waldorf. What does this mean? Was Waldorf based on him or something?
Okay, I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to comment, but since they're not...

It was a joke! I was looking at the picture and spotted that guy and thought he looked like Waldorf... so I circled him. :sleep: Uh, yeah... I thought that was the reaction I'd get.

unclematt

Reaction score
Was Once Ernie said:
Okay, I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to comment, but since they're not...

It was a joke! I was looking at the picture and spotted that guy and thought he looked like Waldorf... so I circled him. :sleep: Uh, yeah... I thought that was the reaction I'd get.

I just thought it was who the character was modeled after. They look enough alike.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
For a long time now, I threatened... er, promised to reveal who I really am. Well, my friend and partner in one of my current projects, Jerry Beck, has written a very nice and flattering little article about me and I hereby link to it:

Article About Was Once Ernie

If you read this at a later date, look for the November 4 blog entry at the link above.

So, there you are. That's me.

Whatever

Reaction score
Wow, that's very impressive. Thamk you for sharing, Earl!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Holy smokes. I just read this thread for the first time. I think it took two hours to read the whole thing!

Thanks again, WOE. Your story is so incredibly awesome!

And I'm glad I got to meet you in person too. :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
So I was just watching the end part of the Muppet Movie where there is a whole large group of Muppets singing. Am I going nuts or did I really see the Papa Twiddlebug in the group? He was over towards the end next to the Count. Please someone tell me I'm not crazy.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
BEAR said:
So I was just watching the end part of the Muppet Movie where there is a whole large group of Muppets singing. Am I going nuts or did I really see the Papa Twiddlebug in the group? He was over towards the end next to the Count. Please someone tell me I'm not crazy.
You're not crazy. Check out this picture again:

Puppet Backs

You can clearly see him on the left side of this picture next to the Count, exactly where you said. There are at least three fat blue Anything Muppets in the group.