Behold... the New Teen Titans Cartoon...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I totally want to see more episodes like this. If they ever need a budget fixing episode again, they should consider another gag dub episode. Maybe even try and do one based on the Filmation series?

My only complaint is that I first caught wind of this episode as a commercial on Boomerang that I caught halfway through and almost thought they were going to air the original series on the sister network. That is until Starfire's "Meow Meow Meow" line. Kinda wish Boomerang did air TT'03 again. I mean, they air that piece of crap Looney Tunes Babies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I forgot to mention a couple things about why I love this last episode so much. First off, I really appreciate that the voice actors went back and did the voices of the characters from the original series instead of having them do their normal TTG cartoonier ones. It wouldn't have been half as funny if they hammed it up too much, and saying the lines straight really gave the episode the punch it needed.

And secondly, if there's one cartoon series that I gave a lot of credit for doing clip shows the right way, it's Mighty Mouse:The New Adventures. And that one was completely out of necessity, if you know the history of that show. I'm just going to ignore the lame episodes that were music videos made out of old Terrytoons, but there were the episodes where they either redubbed or commented on old footage instead of just repackaging it. And there was a brilliant episode where Scrappy ran one mouse MST3K commentary on old Terrytoons cartoons. In the second season, they reused previous season clips and had one episode where Mighty Mouse was on trial, and another where he was showing his home movies. Both used redubbed footage and hilarious commentary to the point the home movie one got a minute long gag of a superimposed live action hand trying to get a hair off the projector.

This episode reminded me of that. Sure, it's also a gag dub and probably an homage to "Abridged Series" videos, but darned if this isn't the sort of thing cartoons forced to do clip shows should be doing. It's funnier than the usual parody, the "remember the time..." that didn't actually happen in the series.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
A clip from next Thursday's episode (this year's Halloween episode), with Santa Claus once again returning as a villain attempting to take over the entire holiday calendar:

mr3urious

Reaction score
I liked seeing Robin trying to encourage the Titans to use their superpowers to do superhero stuff, only for them to do stuff like dance and pitch woo... only for those to be useful anyway. But eventually they do discover their powers to fight the bad guys
only for the likes of Kid Flash, Bumblebee, Aqualad, and Batman to steal their thunder and make them realize that others can do the crime-fighting for them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They made another episode that said what I've been saying for years. Christmas is overtaking Halloween. And they played it out perfectly. Sometimes when they do these social commentary episodes, they hit a real nerve.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I'm loving how we're seeing more action-packed episodes lately, and this one was no exception. This Halloween special certainly made up for the mediocre Easter one. :smile:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That episode was actually pretty good. I guess the show is best when it actually has something to say rather than an entire episode revolving around the characters being stupid lazy five-year olds singing the most repetitive song you ever heard.
Ironically, I think Santa was one of the most effective and interesting villains i've seen on the show, not one of the villains from the original series, but Santa Claus.
And I thought the action scene towards the end was really good as well.
Also, hehe, I really loved the line that Santa said: "Never trust Santa", yeah, that's a great message for kids to learn, lol. :wink:
All in all, if the rest of the season is more like this episode than I may just change my mind about the show

mr3urious

Reaction score
Last night's episode was somewhat better than before, where Cyborg and Starfire devolved into toddlers and tried to kill their comrades. Here, Star wins a goldfish as a carnival prize and tries to keep it alive beyond the typical lifespan of a carnival fish...
but the fish croaks anyway, causing the Titans to exact revenge on the carnies who ripped them off.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Keep the illusion of a dead goldfish alive for the naïve believer... Didn't they already do that on Kids Next Door, where they had to fight The Catlady's cats to get back the dead fish? *Shrugs.