Behold..The Zero Dollar Bill!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's something in the form of stupid. This past week people who worked at AIG got money from the government in the form of relief and used some of it to go play golf, had a nice fancy dinner, and got manicures. Unbelievablyfreakin stupid.
Hey, no matter what they did, there was no good outcome. of course, had they agreed on the ORIGINAL version of the bail out, the market wouldn't have fallen 700 points in one day.

I doubt the ability of either party to make this right. We will recover, but it will be despite them, not because of them.
I can say that both parties are to blame for this, but mostly the right... half of the financial crisis is all this deficit spending... and you ALL know what the funding went to... I'm NOT bringing it up. I have more hope the left will sort of kind of maybe do something than the right, who'll just do the same things they've been doing that don't work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I doubt the ability of either party to make this right.
Well we know for a fact it was Republicans who made this this wrong in the first place, so you know THEY won't make any of this right... *Cough*Bush working feverishly to get the "bailout" plan passed*Cough*.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh I do agree the Republicans are mainly to blame. I just don't put my faith in the Democrats either. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh I do agree the Republicans are mainly to blame. I just don't put my faith in the Democrats either. :smile:
Of course, whos to say that the Indie people will fix anything either. once we get a viabl;e idnie candidate, i'll say something. But so far we've only got loonies (Ross Perrot) or jerks who want to prove we have nothing to prove (Ralph nader)...

man, remember when we had viable third party candidates... when was that, like the 80's? We've meandered into a 2 party system. I would say, if Ron Paul ran for indie, he'd have something... people would actually vote for him.

Personally, I think in all fairness we should have a Dem president... the Reps had their turn in the sandbox... these parties really need to learn how to share.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Of course, whos to say that the Indie people will fix anything either. once we get a viabl;e idnie candidate, i'll say something. But so far we've only got loonies (Ross Perrot) or jerks who want to prove we have nothing to prove (Ralph nader)...
I understand. But personally I like that people like Ralph Nadar are trying to break the two party system that continually has let us down. Both sides. Sadly there are few third party candidates who are viable (and the ones that are won't ever get to be seen because they don't have the money. That's the big ticket to being a viable candidate).

But I really don't want to get into politics, lol. And no I'm not voting for Nadar, I disagree with him on a few issues. :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well we know for a fact it was Republicans who made this this wrong in the first place, so you know THEY won't make any of this right... *Cough*Bush working feverishly to get the "bailout" plan passed*Cough*.
Woah, woah, woah.....This problem has been happening since the 90's in not the 80's as well. It's greed that got everybody on the fences and these people wanted more, more, more. But this is a free enterprise system we have, where businesses are free to do what they want to, within the law of course. Like I said, the head hanchos wanted more and greed took them over. And now look where they're at. Their companies have either folded or near in a state of collapse.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's greed that got everybody on the fences and these people wanted more, more, more. But this is a free enterprise system we have, where businesses are free to do what they want to, within the law of course. Like I said, the head hanchos wanted more and greed took them over. And now look where they're at. Their companies have either folded or near in a state of collapse.
I agree with this as well. Capitalism has its benefits, but it's being taken much too far.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Personally, I think in all fairness we should have a Dem president... the Reps had their turn in the sandbox... these parties really need to learn how to share.
The Demies have been in control of congress since 2006 and have yet to do anything of significance, other that the rescue bailout of the past few weeks.

I think both parties just don't give a care in the world anymore.

As far as this election goes, whether it be McCain or Obama, whoever gets into the office is going to have a tough time. But then again, congress is the one that has the most power over the president of the good ol' U.S.A