1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Bein Green vs. Rainbow Connection

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Anything Muppet, Nov 21, 2006.

?

Bein' Green vs. The Rainbow Connection

Poll closed Dec 23, 2006.
  1. Bein' Green

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. The Rainbow Connection

24 vote(s)
    68.6%

1. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

I highly doubt it. Speaking your mind here shouldn't offend anybody. Yes, people may disagree, but we stop any issues before arguements start.
  2. Yva Minstrel

Yva Minstrel New Member

I love 'Rainbow Connection', it was one of my first solos, and I still remember standing on a stage in the eighth grade in a rainbow colored dress singing it. So, yes, the somg evokes great memories for me.

Of course the song that really shows Kermit is probably 'Bein' Green', just because the lyrics pass to him. I think that for his anthem, I would have to pick that one, but overall as far as which of the two I like, I'd select 'Rainbow Connection'.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Like I said, BG is to Kermit as the MMC theme is to Mickey & RC to The Muppets what WYWUaS is to Disney.
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

They're just different experiences for me. Rainbow Connection makes me feel uplifted, while Bein Green chokes me up in a good way. :) :)
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

The same applies to many of us. Both songs are good in their own right.
  6. The Only Joey

The Only Joey New Member

"being green" is my favorite, it is just THE kermit song and i think the song that is closest to the hart of Jim Henson.

Really like the version that big bird did on the memorial of Jim, although this is not the best, this is one with a lot of emotion (of course it is)

The best version is the original imho.

"Rainbow Connection" is a nice one but does not reach me personally.
    I like it, but it is not the song i want to associate with "The kermit song"

"Being Green" is the best, period ;)
  7. FrogInTheGlen

FrogInTheGlen New Member

I'd have to vote for "Being Green." There's just something about it....
  8. Tay269

Tay269 New Member

i like bein green!:) its awesome to listen to!
  9. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Gee. I like them both. Tho I did feel a tingly feeling when I recorded a rendition of Rainbow Connection for The MuppetCast
  10. Super Leviathan

Super Leviathan New Member

The subtext of "Green" probably makes it more culturally important, and Rainbow is probably one of the most underrated "wistful" songs often found in movies.

"A Song with Kermit" from 1977 (and Sesame) is IMO is right up there with both of them, but the fact that it's less talked about is tragic
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I agree, I can't believe it didn't become more well known. It's lovely and touching. :)
  12. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

Another great Kermit song from Sesame Street is This Frog. I guess one can argue that it's sung too strong for their tastes, but it's a great song about doing what you want to do no matter what.
  13. explorer801

explorer801 New Member

Rainbow Connection t my funeral.

I seriously want "Rainbow Connection" played at my funeral. I love the song! Makes me nostalgic & a bit weepy sometimes, but it is beautiful...:)
  14. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Does anybody knowwhat song beat Rainbow Connection at the Oscars that year?
  15. explorer801

explorer801 New Member

"Norma Rae"

"It Goes Like It Goes" from "Norma Rae" won. :confused:
  16. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Thank you Explorer.
  17. Grundgetta2800

Grundgetta2800 New Member

I almost cry everytime I hear rainbow connection.
    I think its way better than "Green"
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I used to cry whenever I heard Rainbow Connection but I hear it so often now that I dont anymore. I have made people cry when I have sang it in Kareoke but I think that is just because I am so bad.
  19. Grundgetta2800

Grundgetta2800 New Member

When I was in college, there was this old rumor about the radio station manager, Mark, (I went to a media school). He had been a student in the 90's there and had come back to be a teacher. The main deal with this guy was that he had a voice like Kermit the Frog. People didn't like him when he became a teacher because he was very arrogant. So someone who had been a student when he was a student told a bunch of people that when the school went to New York, that Mark was seen in a hotel room, in his underwear, drunk and singing "Its not Easy Being Green". To this day whenever someone mentions the song I think of that ******* Mark, from my college days.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Very funny story. I am crying I am laughing so hard. I can just picture this guy in his briefs in front of a mirrior singing It's Not Easy Being Green. That is great