1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bein Green vs. Rainbow Connection

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Anything Muppet, Nov 21, 2006.

?

Bein' Green vs. The Rainbow Connection

Poll closed Dec 23, 2006.
  1. Bein' Green

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. The Rainbow Connection

24 vote(s)
    68.6%

1. Grundgetta2800

Grundgetta2800 New Member

LOL, I actually found a picture of him online. Do you know how to post it in a thread, so you can all have a look.
  2. Rax

Rax New Member

Definitely The Rainbow Connection.

Gr, Rax
  3. Zena Star

Zena Star New Member

I will have to go with the Rainbow Connection. I don't like how on TV soemtimes in ads, there's this new sort of rappy version of Bein Green, which relates more to the environment, and less to Kermit, and how at then time when it was made, wasn't the song more about race? I can't be sure.
  4. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

The song was about Kermit and his struggles wth being different in general.
  5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well you're both right, the song was about Kermit struggling and finally accepting the way he was. And the sentiment was very much identified with the Civil Rights movement at that time. :)

I'm not a fan of people re-doing songs, but I don't mind Bein' Green used for environmental messages as well. :)
  6. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

I love both of them but I think Rainbow Connection evokes more emotion out of me (though Bein' Green is touching, too).
  7. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I really enjoy Rowlf's:sympathy: version of Bein' Green from the Muppet Show and Big Bird's:wisdom: version at Jim's memorial
  8. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

I think "Bein' Green" is Kermit's signature song whereas "Rainbow Connection" is for all the Muppets in the Muppet world in general much like "When you wish upon a star" is to all Disney characters. That's just my opinion.
  9. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

i agree
  10. Elmo The Second

Elmo The Second New Member

The Rainbow Connection!:) I Grew up with song, awesome!:sing:
  11. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I sang Rainbow Connection at a bar in kareoke the other night. I was drunk. I did my best Kermit but I didn't do the song justice.
  12. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Well at least you had the guts to actually sing that song at a bar. I've sung "Happiness Hotel" "Can You Picture That" and a couple other more upbeat tunes at Karaoke events myself.
  13. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Dude, I listen to you all the time when you join Steve oon the Muppetcast. I feel so honored that you responded to one of my posts. Awesome. Thankyou. Are you still at Western?
  14. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Oh you are too kind! You're welcome. Yes I am still at Western. I should graduate in December.

In case you haven't already seen some of the stuff I've done on The MuppetCast can be seen on my youtube channel at youtube.com/quesal. check it out!
  15. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I am going to check it out right now
  16. Elmo The Second

Elmo The Second New Member

I remember singing Movin Right Along with my friend. We had good timing and we got standing ovation. I've heard you on The MuppetCast with Steve. You guys rock!:cool::sing:
  17. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

oh u r too kind!
  18. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I like singing weird stuff that people dont expect. Its the best. I sing Sweet Transvestite alot from The Rocky Horror Picture Show
  19. Quesal

Quesal Active Member

Ya got good tastes! I've been thinking of making my Puppets do a rendition of "The Time Warp" and possibly even "Wild and Untamed Things" from that show.
  20. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Quesal, I believe we would be very good friends if we were ever to meet in person.