Ben Stiller clip of, "People in Your Neighborhood"

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Whoa, that didn't even occur to me. And normally I get all wound up about those kinda things. But the AM in the skit is a MAN, so what's wrong with saying Postman? or Fireman? **pouts** that's bizarre they'd change the verses.

edit: Like the sound of the Cheese verse though. That's fun. ^_^

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I think there have been about 100 versions of this song. There was even a whole book in the 80s devoted to this song, called "The People In Your Neighborhood."
Yeah, that's the one that I was talking about. I think it was in one of those "On My Way with Sesame Street" collections. The thing I remember most about that one was a pic of a guy reading a magazine, however his hair was over his eyes so he couldn't see what he was reading. Lol.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Sorry about repeating myself, but I thought I'd ad more to the "People in Your Neighborhood" thread. I remember quite a few versions. The one I know best was with Bob and the AMs. Not the original version with the postman and the Santa Claus reference. The one I remember was with a cranky bus driver and a dentist who made corny jokes. (Ex: Tooth thirty; Down in the mouth) I can't remember the verse about the dentist though.

And of course the was the famous version from the 80s special with Ralph Nader, Barbara Walters and the tennis player. Just thought I'd mention that.

ssetta

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
Sorry about repeating myself, but I thought I'd ad more to the "People in Your Neighborhood" thread. I remember quite a few versions. The one I know best was with Bob and the AMs. Not the original version with the postman and the Santa Claus reference. The one I remember was with a cranky bus driver and a dentist who made corny jokes. (Ex: Tooth thirty; Down in the mouth) I can't remember the verse about the dentist though.

And of course the was the famous version from the 80s special with Ralph Nader, Barbara Walters and the tennis player. Just thought I'd mention that.
I think it was "Tooth hurty," as in, you go to the dentist when your tooth hurts.

However, an interesting thing about this one, especially with the bus driver, is that like the bus driver didn't like know he was going to be forced to do that song. In fact, I don't think he really wanted to do it. So, the question is, how could he like think up a verse with rhymes to sing on such short notice?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
ssetta said:
I think it was "Tooth hurty," as in, you go to the dentist when your tooth hurts.

However, an interesting thing about this one, especially with the bus driver, is that like the bus driver didn't like know he was going to be forced to do that song. In fact, I don't think he really wanted to do it. So, the question is, how could he like think up a verse with rhymes to sing on such short notice?
Hmmm. I never really thought of that. I guess it's possible. It's pretty easy to rhyme "know" and "go" and "way" and "day." Another possibility is that the verse was written ahead of time and he just added "if you're lucky."

salemfan

Reaction score
When Ben Stiller learns it's not smart to dress like a cheese at lunchtime, shouldn't it have been mice he attracted who wanted to eat him rather than the two other people in the neighborhood?

JLG

Reaction score
Don't forget Telly's reaction. "A cheese?" Ben sings his verse and while he's singing the repeat chorus, Telly's saying something like "A cheese isn't a person in your neighborhood!......is it? (pause) Awww, why not?" And then he starts singing along.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have to say, I would love to buy the Karaoke DVD just for this one. I love Ben Stiller, and his father Jerry... and his mother too... His mother was in ALF after all.

I really love those episodes of King of Queens where Anne and Jerry have scenes where they hate each other... or rather Anne loves Jerry, yet Jerry hates Anne.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Oh wow. This sounds so funny. Unfortunately I've never seen Ben Stiller on Sesame Street, but the thought of Ben dressing like cheese reminds me of Bob dressing up as a banana.