1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Bernie Brillstein dies

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Stulz, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Stulz Member

2. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

R.I.P. Bernie :sympathy: Thanks in part to you, the Muppets couldn't have made it to where they are.
  3. Colbynfriends Active Member

thats sad. we'll miss you Bernie.
    :sympathy:
  4. Fozzie Bear Moderator

He was behind at least two of my fanaticisms: Muppets and Ghostbusters.

He also cared a great deal about Jim Henson, so by that connection alone we've lost a friend who never knew us.
  5. Winslow Leach Active Member

Another loss of an entertainment giant. In addition to Jim, Bernie managed Dan Aykroyd, Chevy Chase, John Belushi, Gilda Radner, Lorne Michaels, Richard Dreyfuss, Chris Farley, David Spade, Dana Carvey, Dennis Miller, Bob Odenkirk and Martin Short, among many others.

Films he produced or executive produced include The Blues Brothers, Continental Divide (a comedy featuring John Belushi in his only romantic role), Neighbors (Belushi's final film), Doctor Detroit, Ghostbusters, Spies Like Us, Dragnet, Happy Gilmore and The Cable Guy.

On TV he was producer or executive producer on such shows as ALF, Mr. Show, Just Shoot Me, The Dana Carvey Show, The Martin Short Show, Primetime Glick and NewsRadio.
  6. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

*takes off cap and places in on heart* R.I.P, he helped the Muppets become as big as they were. He will be missed. :(
  7. AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

Wow... this is depressing...

Rest in peace, Bernie. Here's to all your hard work, and let there not be alligators where you're going.

... Sorry, I didn't mean to... destroy the seriousness. *sheds a few tears*
  8. heralde Well-Known Member

Aw, I think that's fine, it's in the spirit!

My prayers to his family. Rest in peace, Bernie.
  9. Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Well, I guess the ongoing Muppet antics up in heaven needed an executive producer...

In the Land of Gorch tonight, there will be a 20-tarpit-and-smoking-crater salute, and Scred will sing "Thanks for the Memories..." which will be cut short when Ploobis puts him in a headlock to shut him up.

Rest in peace, Mr. Brillstein.
  10. heralde Well-Known Member

I remember seeing Bernie's cameo when Jim was inducted into The TV Hall of Fame. He was in his office (filled with Muppet merchandise lol):

"There's a frog on the phone for you."

Bernie: "Which frog?...Oh Kermit the frog!" Lol
  11. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

When I first read this news I was stunned... and then I turned on my MP3 copy of Jim's induction into the Television Academy Hall of Fame just to hear Bernie's cameo ("Oh, Bernie--you mean Mister Brillstein! Well, he's probably very busy consumating a big deal for moi at this very moment." "Consumate, as in soup?" "Well... somethin' better be cookin', that's all I gotta say!"). He was just... wonderful and I will sorely miss him.

Let's not forget that he was also Miss Piggy's "manager." Er... at least that's what she always called him during her many phone calls to her manager.

Rest in Peace, Mister B.! I'm sure Jim, Jerry, and Richard all need someone to manage their antics up there!
  12. heralde Well-Known Member

I think that's a good way to think about it. "I guess they needed Muppets in Heaven." :)
  13. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree with you more. May you R.I.P Mr. Brillstein.I'm sure Jim Jerry & Richard are all sharing memories.
    My sympathy goes out to the Brillstein family.:sympathy:
  14. pattywack New Member

Oh that's awful. I'm so sorry to hear this news >_< May he rest in peace.
  15. Muppet Loverr Member

awww...I dont really know who he was, or wat he did...But i think thats anytime a person in a muppet family passes...it heart breaking
  16. Beauregard Well-Known Member

He guided Jim towards the future Jim wanted...and I thank him for that. Thanks Bernie, the world will miss you.
  17. Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh no! That is terrible news! Going to miss him!
  18. Luke Active Member

Very sad news, he wasn't just Miss Piggy's manager, he was also ALF's (yes, they shared a manager - he had just made it out of the slammer lol). Bernie was a big part of Jim's life, and the Muppets, and he was one of the few people to see Jim a few days before he died. Really sad news, he will be missed!

I wrote a review of Bernie's autobiography for Muppet Central back in 2001, i thought it might be a good idea to point it out for people who didn't know that much about him -
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/brillstein.shtml
  19. beaker Well-Known Member

Man I just saw this news on Aint it Cool. They have made this their top headline news, and gave a wonderful tribute in words:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37878

His love and determination of opening doors for the Muppets cannot be understated...and I can only imagine how our own Luke must be feelings of this news, given he's been such a big proponent of highlighting Brillstein's importance.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

That's how I feel exactly. While Jim had the determination and the gift, Bernie was the unseen muscle that helped the Muppets allong. As well as being a powerhouse in all these other people's careers... we have lost another giant in the entertainment business.