Besides the Muppets What Does Disney Own?

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ok I know they own the Muppet, Pooh, Power Rangers, & Pixar.
Are there any otheres that they own that I may not know about that aren't orig. from Disney?:confused:
thanks for anyones help!:smile:
I'm being serious here lol I know there are others it's for an art project I'm doing it's nothing bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They basically own everything Saban and Fox kids ever did (with certain exceptions) due in part to them buying up the Family Channel. I do not know what the terms were, that either Rupert Murdock had to sell off a station to get another, or if he was forced to sell one of them off for some reason, but they got all the Saban and most of the Fox Kids shows (Bobby's World is still owned by Howie Mandel and Film Roman, however).

That is why Buena Vista was the company that sold the Tick DVD's, and why we may never see Eek the Cat either...

Drtooth

Reaction score
No... they don;'t think it would be profitable. I mean, we had to twist their arms to get The Tick as it is. Remember, Disney would rather release its own stuff, and even still, it would rather release its own current or classic film stuff.

Unless somehow a third party makes a deal with them. Some company once put out a very hard to find Samurai Pizza Cats DVD that was only available online for a limited time. But this could have been before the buyout of the Family Channel.

While some would say it's another reason to hate Disney, I say it's another reason to hate Rupert Murdock.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Ok so Eek the cat, The Tick..what else?
I can't remember all the stuff that used to be on fox kids.
I'm kind of looking for things they're using now the Tick works since they're bring the dvd's out.
But could some one provide me with a list or even a website(which I went searching but couldn't find).
And btw it's a shame about Eek I'd buy that show on dvd in a heart beat.

BEAR

Reaction score
I work at Disneyland, so I can get you an entire list of companies/ect. that are owned by Disney.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Doug.

I did do an April Fool's article on another forum that Disney bought Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide, but that was obviously fake, but a lot of people fell for it. :concern:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Disney got the rights to Tarzan in 1999. In 2003 a classic Danish children book from 1975, felt the love of Disney. They forced a title change from "Gummi Tarzan" (Rubber Tarzan) to "Gummi-T" (Rubber T)