Besides the Muppets What Does Disney Own?

King Jim

Reaction score
They bought the nickelodeon cartoon Doug in 1996.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
hmm would nightmare before christmas be disney or is it outside as well?
I mean I know it's Tim Burten but was it his or did Disney own it from the start?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Nope, its owned by disney. It was owned technically by disney since it first came out. At the very end of the credits is says something about Buena Vista, a disney company. Disney is also the main source for the merchandise. And expensive merchandise at that. You can find hidden mickeys in the movie

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Nope, its owned by disney. It was owned technically by disney since it first came out. At the very end of the credits is says something about Buena Vista, a disney company. Disney is also the main source for the merchandise. And expensive merchandise at that. You can find hidden mickeys in the movie
Yeah ok I just wanted to be sure thanks...well that leaves Jack out.
Dan now I need one more outside Character thats well known that they use now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney got the rights to Tarzan in 1999. In 2003 a classic Danish children book from 1975, felt the love of Disney. They forced a title change from "Gummi Tarzan" (Rubber Tarzan) to "Gummi-T" (Rubber T)

Once again, corporate greed screws fans. That sounded like a bucket of laughs.... I would totally eat a package of Gummi Tarzans....

(Wonder what Elmo Lincon would say...)

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
anyone, anyone? one more character or show?
EDIT: So I went to the JETEX website and it shows them as now playing Digimon, Batman the animated serires, superman the animated series, & pinky and the brain.
Sooo do they own these shows now?

Drtooth

Reaction score
anyone, anyone? one more character or show?
EDIT: So I went to the JETEX website and it shows them as now playing Digimon, Batman the animated serires, superman the animated series, & pinky and the brain.
Sooo do they own these shows now?
Digimon, yes... the others, no. I find it hilarious that they are airing the cartoons of their fiercest competitors..... Especially since WB doesn't want to show any of them on any of their outlets....