Best episodes of The Muppet Show

dbarrie

Reaction score
You're right, those ones were brutal too. Stallone looked as though he felt confused (out of place?) during much of his episode. As for my feelings about Liberace and his TMS appearance, if you can't say something nice...

OI MuppetFan

camilla said:
If you are taling about the shows i liked the least. i reallt was not enamoured with the Sly Stallone one. i feel he was not th right type of person to be with the Muppets. The liberace one was not that great either. I like the guests who really get into it and enjoy being with the Muppets

Sarah

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
The saving grace on that Stallone ep had to be the UK spot where Floyd, Zoot and Dr. Teeth sing "Oh, Lady Be Good!". Three of my favorite Muppets at their best. Also, a great Vet's Hospital spot, and Rowlf popping up just about everywhere.

My favorite episodes:

Elton John
Julie Andrews
Gene Kelly
Mark Hamill
Paul Simon
Harry Belafonte
John Denver (he just looked like he was having the time of his life)
Peter Sellers
John Cleese
Dudley Moore
Alice Cooper
Vincent Price
Marty Feldman
Steve Martin
Carol Burnett
Gilda Radner
George Burns
Dom DeLuise
Brooke Shields
James Coburn
Debbie Harry
Edgar Bergen
Danny Kaye
Roy Rogers/Dale Evans (gotta love Richard's "pre-Forgetful" character in the Muppet Sports sketch)
Kenny Rogers
Mac Davis (they LOVED this one in Sweden..*inside joke, ask Skeeter Muppet*)
Liberace
Rita Moreno
Lynda Carter
Beverly Sills
Pearl Bailey
Liza Minnelli
Senor Wences
Lola Falana
Juliet Prowse
Joel Grey
Hal Linden
Zero Mostel (let's face it, anything Zero did is gold)
Peter Ustinov
Loretta Lynn

...gosh, too many more!

Pigpen

Reaction score
Weird Al

Actually, Mahna Mahna is not the only Muppet mentioned in an Al song.

Yoda is technically a muppet and he has his own song on 'Dare to be Stupid'.
(and also makes an appearance on 'The saga begins'...)

I love you Al

Oh and Debbie Harry ep was soooo cool.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Pigpen said:
Actually, Mahna Mahna is not the only Muppet mentioned in an Al song.

Yoda is technically a muppet and he has his own song on 'Dare to be Stupid'.
(and also makes an appearance on 'The saga begins'...)

I love you Al

Oh and Debbie Harry ep was soooo cool.
Hehe! Actually, not really. Weird Al may have called him a Muppet, but he's not. Not at all. If Jim Henson said that The Dark Crystal/Labyrinth puppets weren't Muppets, I don't think Yoda would be considered one either, especially with different builders than the Muppets... even if he is performed by Frank Oz and Karen Prell.

I find it sooo funny that in the original release of Empire Strikes Back, Karen Prell (Kathy Mullen? I don't recall who it was exactly) is credited as Yoda's right hand, but James Earl Jones isn't credited at all for the voice of Vader.

Pigpen

Reaction score
I stand corrected...

Ok, hands up.

And in Al's defence he did only say , and I quote, 'he looks like a muppet but he 's wrinkled and green'.

I'll shut up now.

Whatever

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I find it sooo funny that in the original release of Empire Strikes Back, Karen Prell (Kathy Mullen? I don't recall who it was exactly) is credited as Yoda's right hand, but James Earl Jones isn't credited at all for the voice of Vader.
Is Yoda left or right handed? I never noticed.

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorites were...

The Loretta Lynn episode where the Muppet Theater had to be fumigated and they had to do the show in a whole new atmosphere. A train station!

The Star Wars episode was really cool and it had a wacky ending. Sleeping Beauty's castle suddenly appearing on Koozbane!

The Cloris Leachman episode where the pigs took over the show and it showed pigs version of Kermit, Fozzie, and the Sweedish Chef.

And the Marty Feldman episode where they did an Arabian Knight's spoof was the funniest I've ever seen!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I really love the season one episodes on a whole as the best. There's just something about them. They stand alone from the rest of the series as an individual collection in their own right. It is a treasure to have the dvd set:big_grin:

But season 4's John Denver is my absolute favourite because I so much adore watching the pigs performing The Happy Wanderer. Please release more sets soon Disney so I can have that sketch:excited:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
In no particular order, my favorites are:
Mark Hamill (Foreshadowing Muppets & Star Wars getting involved w/Disney)
Alice Cooper (One of my childhood heroes)
Mummenschanz (Mind blowing as a child!!)
Harry Belafonte (Very spiritual expirience)
John Cleese (Hilarious episode...I'm a big Python fan)
Marty Feldman (Gotta love the SS characters showing up!!)
Steve Martin (his final line, "It's been a pleasure NOT doing your show" classic!!)
Ben Vereen (What a talented guy)
Chris Langham (Very underrated episode)