Best TV Show Ever!

anytimepally

Reaction score
Well, the famous "laff box" where most of the laugh tracks came from during the laugh track period of television were recorded from some of the shows with live audiences, so they could be used on shows without audiences.. while I Love Lucy wasn't one of the shows used for this purpose, the later (and not nearly as funny) The Lucy Show was... so anytime you hear a laugh track on a TV show, you might be hearing laughs from The Lucy Show

I believe I Love Lucy was one of the first sitcoms to use a live studio audience.. you see, at that time most sitcoms were broadcasted live in NYC and then recordings were sent out across the country, but while Lucy was pregnant, her and Desi wanted to shoot in Los Angeles, so one of the producers decided to shoot with a live studio audience, so the folks in NYC would still feel like it was a live show

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Um, wasn't The Dick Van Dyke Show and I Love Lucy shot in front of live audiences?
Yes. But I'm saying that they play recordings from theses shows on Fraser, and they used theses recordings of their life audience for their laugh track during the show. No joke. or what Randall said.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
Scrubs
Friends
Boy Meets World
Everybody Loves Raymond
Mind of Mencia
8 Simple Rules
Grounded for Life
Gilmore Girls
Family Guy
The Muppet Show

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the famous "laff box" where most of the laugh tracks came from during the laugh track period of television were recorded from some of the shows with live audiences, so they could be used on shows without audiences.. while I Love Lucy wasn't one of the shows used for this purpose, the later (and not nearly as funny) The Lucy Show was... so anytime you hear a laugh track on a TV show, you might be hearing laughs from The Lucy Show
Hmm, and I read they came from those keyboards that can make other sounds besides a piano sounds.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock
America's Funniest Home Videos
Dora The Explorer
Go, Diego, Go!
The Backyardigans
Blue's Clues
Little Einsteins
Rugrats
Curious George
Clifford The Big Red Dog
Dragon Tales

Drtooth

Reaction score
Taxi is a great show....Tony Danza, Danny DeVito, Judd Hirsch, and Andy Kaufman really make it a classic...
And if you're lucky, you could find some people making their TV debut on the show, Like Tom Selick and Ted Danson.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well let's see my list of favorite Tv classics are, in no order (other that from oldest to newest, which I could be wrong about)....

Sesame Street
All In the Family
What's Happening
The Muppet Show
Fraggle Rock
The Simpsons
WWE Raw
South Park
Family Guy is really funny, but not the smartest show.
Robot Chicken (I'm a sucker for the whole let's use toys do funny stuff kind of thing, I also love "Twisted Toyfare Theatre")

and I could probably think of more later