Best/Worst advertising mascots

Princeton

Reaction score
In your opinions, what are the best and worst advertising mascots? They can be from any time period and you can choose more than one. Here's mine:

Best: Little Caesar/Noid (Dominoes Pizza)/Helping Hand (Hamburger Helper)
Worst: Joe Camel/Wendy the Snapple Lady/Aflac Duck

Xerus

Reaction score
My favorites are Kool-Aid Man, Toucan Sam, Sunny the Coo Coo Bird, Ronald McDonald and his friends.

I can't think of any worst mascots, but my sister hates Swiss Miss for some reason.

Pork

Reaction score
The Engergizer Bunny. He's awesome

Grimace is Funny, The big purple bolb, what is he anyway?

furryredmonster

Reaction score
I always enjoy the Geiko commercials, featuring the Gecko
That gecko is so cute! <3

I can't stand the Energizer Bunny, Trix Rabbit, and pretty much every cereal mascot.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, for Best:

90% of cereal mascots... my personal favorites- Cap'n Crunch, Quisp, Quake, Tony the Tiger, Toucan Sam, Fred Flintstone (yeah, he counts), Barney Rubble, Count Chocula, Sonny the Cuckoo.

The M&M's. My personal favorites were Yellow Peanut and Orange Crispy (who lasted longer than Crispy M&M's BTW). I have all the Star Wars PVC's of them.

Grimace and Hamburgalar. Clearly the best of the McD's characters.

the Drake's cakes duck (I always thought he was cute).

The Enegizer Bunny.

The Wendy's "Where's the Beef" Lady.

Now for the Worst:

Burger King King puppet. If there's anything worse than the BK King, it's the little plastic puppet in the BK Kids meal ads. How patronizing can ya get? I also hate the "Whopper" and "Whopper Jr." guys too.

The Milk Milk carton, with a guy's head clearly popping out of it. In a cheap attempt to cash in and steal the similar commercials with Crash Bandicoot, going up to random people on the street (staged) and bugging them for attention wasn't funny the first time. Too bad every commercial is like that now, but good news is that these ads have stopped years ago.

The poorly drawn stick figure dog from the "Anti-Drug" commercials. What the heck was that supposed to be?

And on the subject of dogs, the Cottenelle puppy. I just want that dog to SHUT THE HECK UP! It's not cute. it's obnoxious.

The Honey Comb Fuzzy thing. And the Big Mouth kids. Bad, bad, bad.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Now for the Worst:
The Milk Milk carton, with a guy's head clearly popping out of it. In a cheap attempt to cash in and steal the similar commercials with Crash Bandicoot, going up to random people on the street (staged) and bugging them for attention wasn't funny the first time. Too bad every commercial is like that now, but good news is that these ads have stopped years ago.
Oh yeah, I remember that guy! I think the worst one was where he was a substitute teacher, there's like...

MILK CARTON DUDE: Who can spell "calcium"?
FAT KID: It's right on your carton!
MILK CARTON DUDE: (Pause) Yeah, I knew that.

And later...

MILK CARTON DUDE: How many essential nutrients does milk have?
STUPID GIRL: Green?
MILK CARTON DUDE: No, I'm sorry, you see, green is actually a COLOR... I'm looking for a nine? You know... in the nineish area? In the nine family?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The best I think are the Energizer Bunny, The M&M's, and there was this sock puppet dog that used to advertise a now defunct pet website who was pretty funny.

The worst? Gotta be that stupid Burger King!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My favorite - The Pilsbury Doughboy
I don't buy his products, but he sure is cute and makes me smile each time I see him! :smile:

My least favorite - Jarrod the Subway guy. Behind that beach ball, door or other object obscuring his midsection he's substantially overweight. No way eating all that bread at one time is low calorie! It's just dishonest. I'm a trim guy, but I wouldn't be if I ate Subway every day or even twice a week! Might as well be going to Taco Bell.

By the way, a friend of mine worked the Bell for a day and said they use a device called a "meat hose" to distribute the beef substance into their burritos! Creepy. But I do wish they'd bring that dog back. Maybe he got caught in the meat hose. :embarrassed:

Oh, and does anybody else think that they tried to make the Burger King dude look like a creepy Jim Henson? I can't help but think that when I see him. Must be the beard.

I miss the Dominos Pizza Noid character. Does anyone remember him? :confused: