Best/Worst advertising mascots

Drtooth

Reaction score
See, this is what I'm talking about: he looks significantly slim and trim to me, as opposed to the way he USED to look, and here you are still claiming he's still fat and overweight.

HOW THIN DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO BE ACCEPTED BY SOCIETY?
Actually, the Subway diety thing works on a technicality. And it's a pretty hard one at that. Basically, eating Subway's stuff is more healthful than eating McD's or any type of heavily fried foods. Thus you won't gain as much weight eating Subway subs every day, than if you ate certain other things. But even then, he lost weight eating low fat Turkey sandwiches with no mayo and extra veggies. It's all based on "not really, but if's" or "yes, and's." I still like him a lot better than the fat-a-phobic type ads they have now.

But to shell with that stuff. I LOVED the Subway commercials with Jon Lovitz, and the one with peter Griffin.

You know who else is cool? Charlie the Tuna. My husband has a very old Charlie the Tuna lamp, it's pretty neat
Charlie Tuna, and the Vlassic Pickle Stork that clearly copied Groucho Marx's speach patterns. I just love those old school type mascots. I used to have a Charlie Tuna shirt, but I wore it out. I really miss that style of animal mascots, anthropomorphic or otherwise.

And while he doesn't really count as a cereal mascot, more like a Spokesmoose, Bullwinkle J hocked the big G cereals of General Mills around the 60's and early 70's era of cereal commercials.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Nobody mentioned the Applebees' talking apple, She is funny! "Get It Together Baby!"

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't mind it, but I guess it helps to be a Wanda Sykes fan.
I see Wanda Sykes mocking that sort of commercial rather than participating in it. I'd love to see if she includes a bit on it in her stand up act once her contract comes up.

That apple seems aggressive to me. I'm almost frightened to go near an Appleby's! :eek:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I see Wanda Sykes mocking that sort of commercial rather than participating in it. I'd love to see if she includes a bit on it in her stand up act once her contract comes up.

That apple seems aggressive to me. I'm almost frightened to go near an Appleby's! :eek:
I'm disappointed that she didn't participate in the Word Girl series after the serialized previews. And to do these lame commercials? At least it isn't a guy in an apple suit being nasty to everyone...

Like that new Wopper Jr. one where they harass the Wendy's drive through call box. Yeah... that's funny. It was funny, like 5, 6 years ago before everyone exhausted it...

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I agree on the cereal mascots for the most part. Especially the Trix rabbit, what are we teaching kids, not to share with anyone no matter how different they are? That just used to bug me so much! I do love Snap, Crackle and Pop though. Good old Rice Krispies.