1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Big Bird on Jimmy Kimmel

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by theprawncracker, Nov 2, 2009.

1. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Not if I eat your eyeballs again. :D
  2. Muppet Loverr Member

Big Bird On Kimmel

He Is On Right Now!
  3. Muppet Loverr Member

That Wass Sooo Cutee!
  4. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Haha, certainly had some funny moments... though I kind of thought Big Bird was a little wooden tonight, but then again, like Grover years ago, Big Bird mentioned he's not usually allowed to stay up this late.

I did like how Jimmy showed everyone Big Bird's legs in the Google logo today... "Gee, how flattering..." Big Bird said, sarcastically, getting a big laugh.
  5. BIGMuppetFan Member

The Jimmy Kimmel show will start in about 10 minutes for me, I have the Tivo Ready just in case I can't stay up! :D This sounds like a fun appearance and I am looking forward to watching it! :)
  6. The Count Moderator

Missed out on Oscar. Josh talked about how they have their own Sesame in Canada,and being invited to film a scene for MFS. Big Bird came on and there were some funny parts. They talked about Big B's fellow SST friends, the First Ladies he's met, and how Big Bird went as a cowboy for Halloween while Jimmy and the band dressed up as SST characters. Finally, Jimmy gave Big Bird a gift... A necklace saying that the bird was the original Notorious B.I.G.

:zany: :wisdom: :grouchy:
  7. The Count Moderator

Another thing... Jimmy brought up the Google campaign we've been talking about in the other thread too.

Big Bird, seeing his legs as the L in Google: Oh, how flattering.
    Jimmy: We got a sarcastic Big Bird.
  8. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That... was super incredibly awesome. I love that Bird SO much. And Caroll just seemed SO happy to be there. ...Awesome. I love, love, love it. :wisdom:
  9. BEAR Active Member

Only an hour and fifteen minutes before I can see him! Getting all ready to watch my big feathery buddy!
  10. BIGMuppetFan Member

That was a fun appearance, it was funny and it was nice to see him out an about! we even got a look at the DVD Set :)
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

In case anyone missed it, it's on Jimmy Kimmels official Youtube channel. Very nice stuff... you could tell that Carol was trying to step on the jokes before Jimmy could (with funnier results IMO)... of course, he forgot that Laura Bush WAS on Sesame Street (with Elmo, so I'm guessing why he didn't remember).. and he even got in that great bit about how Oscar being miserable makes him happy, but being happy makes him miserable (I love that bit). Very good appearance. And you can tell he was a Sesame Street fan... if one thing, you want to have a SS appearance by someone who's willing to dress the entire crew up as SS characters for Halloween (I wish the retail costumes were that good).

I hope NBC puts up the other appearances like ABC did. Jimmy Fallon's not just late night, but late late night. I'm gonna be too tired to see it.
  12. BIGMuppetFan Member

Usally NBC.Com posts Full Episode after they air each night! :)
  13. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Like BIGMuppetFan said, NBC.com always has stuff up the day after--and if they don't, Hulu definitely will.
  14. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Here are links to the appearance on YouTube! :wisdom:
    &feature=channel
  15. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I just hope when Elmo and Rosita are on Jimmy Fallon that Elmo will let Rosita get a word in edge-wise... seems like half of the time he's on with other characters, he does most of the talk *reflects back on his appearance with Abby, Grover and Cookie on Martha Stewart*

Still love how Abby pwned him on The Bonnie Hunt Show when she turned him green...

ABBY: I CAN'T LOOK AT HIM! HE'S HEDIOUS!
    ELMO: O.O
  16. antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I taped it last night and saw it today. It was a nice little appearince. I also liked Oscar's intro.
  17. MuppetMazz Member

finally got around to watching this...what a great appearance. Very funny.
  18. GonzoLeaper Active Member

I saw this when it aired- nice surprise as I don't think I knew about it beforehand- just happened to tune in and catch it. Big Bird had a great appearance- it was kinda standard, but still a good spot and funny.:wisdom:
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I remember reading in Caroll's book that whenever Big Bird makes appearances like that (the original Hollywood Squares for example) gives him a chance to allow Big Bird to go just a little bit edgier in jokes and dialogue by SST standards...

JIMMY: What are some of your favorite foods?
    BIG BIRD: Let's see... birdseed pancakes, birdseed hamburgers... birdseed sundaes... and um... hot toddies with birdseed in 'em. I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding!

JIMMY: Have you ever laid an egg on Sesame Street?
    BIG BIRD: No, I'm a BOY! I thought you knew that... it's not a boy thing.
    JIMMY: Well, I'm not very bright.

BIG BIRD: Haven't you ever hung out with the First Ladies?
    JIMMY: Not too often.