1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Big Bird Replica Half-finished

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by Keeermit, May 16, 2007.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Jarrod, why aren't there more pictures of you with your personal puppets on your website--at least in the "about me" section.
  2. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Fantastic work.And I thought your first Gonzo was great.Well it was, but this Gonzo is even better! Animal and Gonzo both look like the real deal.
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

It takes many weeks to build a detailed puppet!
  4. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

it does take me quite a while to make each one because I do have a day job and I make custom puppets - so i have to squeeze my own puppets in between all that....
  5. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

I have just added a few photos of my big bird in progress, he is by no means finished yet - many adjustments to be made - Enjoy :)
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

I've actually got tears in my eyes looking at some of them, masterpieces. You even got the Gonzo nose color looking superb.
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh...my...gosh...Wow...That is just the most amazing thing ever.
  8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I love that! Your one awsome puppet builder. I would lvoe to have a Big Bird costume puppet. Does he work the same way as the Big Bird works?
  9. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

WOW....amazing work. I love your Animal puppet. How about working on a Sweetums next? ;)
  10. zns

zns Active Member

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG. Big Bird Looks absolutly amazing, even though he is not finished. Like I said earlier, you should do a group photo of all the replicas that you have. But then again, that's just my suggestion. You can do whatever you want.
  11. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

i will try zns - its very hard to get many puppets looking at the camera though.... i'll give it a shot though
  12. Teenager's

Teenager's Member

Excelent!...And you chose a good version of Big Bird to build too...I like that...Make sure you send that to Mr. Spinney!

Lucky enough you have high ceilings eh?...lol
  13. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

That Big Bird is amazing! 2 thumbs up! I can't wait til' you finish it! Is the suit heavy?
  14. zns

zns Active Member

Do what you feel is best. If it's too difficult for you to do, that's just fine. I understand completly
  15. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

the suit is extremely light - i can hold the whole thing with two fingers holdong his beak.
  16. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

Jarrod amamzing as always words cant even beging to say what talend you have....and personally i always wanted to see you make an adult skeeter to scoooter just to see your veiw on her
  17. travellingpat

travellingpat Active Member

Flippin Awesome! WOW those are all spot on!
  18. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

ok work on Big Bird is going well, I have also just started a fozzie :o which I hope to have photos up next week.... then I may attempt a Pepe :rolleyes:
  19. CoOKiE

CoOKiE Member

Hey Jarrod (if thats your name... if not... it is now :) ) i've always seen great work from you but never expected Big Bird to be a part of your collection.

I myself thought to do a big bird. But i'm so amature its not something i can do off the bat.

If i may ask, did you make a foam base, then add feathers? Or can you not reveal what you used to stick feathers on.

Was it expensive to buy all those feathers?
  20. Keeermit

Keeermit Active Member

Hey there Cookie, yes thats my REAL name, Big Birds head is a foam skull with feathers hot glued to it one at a time, his body is made with netting with hoops to give it shape - the feathers are also hot glued on one at a time - over 5000 feathers so far and counting, it has cost me a fair bit to make so far and I have just bought his large tail feathers which were expensive. I have been making him a little at a time so it hasn't been just one big cost, its been fun - and many many hours of work . Hope this helps