Big Birds Nest For Sale

Gomphrie

Reaction score
thanks so much for everyone helping me figure out what to do with this nest.
i am sending a letter to caroll spinney to give him the nest if he wants it.
as well, he may tell me "where to put it". ha!

muppet central is a good bunch of people!
thanks again,
G

Gomphrie

Reaction score
i have had no contact from Caroll Spinney about the nest.
i was reading on a thread of messages on another forum where there were questions as to union and muppet rules regarding scenery and props. the real muppet props were catalogued and accounted for mostly. it also seemed in the haste of rapid shooting schedules there was a sort of debris littering the stage floors on every set which made for really great keep sakes.
i have never worked with any type of union rules regarding sets. most union people dont care about the set pieces after a film. the studio can keep anything the director or other thinks necessary and the rest is thrown in a dumpster or sold at a crew sale. it also seems anything built by the workshop stayed with the workshop but things made by the union crews were left-interesting now that i think about it!
i also ended up with the prop framed photo that Gonzo picks up and looks at the picture of himself standing alone on the beach in Muppets From Space. it was left on the shelf where it was shot as the rest of the set was being destroyed by carpenters!
the nest that i built was used as the nest for the giant chicken in Huxley's castle as well as Big Birds Nest on the reproduciton of Sesame Street.
Big Bird never sat in it but he did admire it greatly and drew me a fantastic picture about it! After the film wrapped i had the next in my living room until i moved and it ended up in the garage. i just couldnt put it in the dumpster like so much other debris from the film! it is dry and probably has a spider or two.
if anyone is interested in the nest please let me know~
G

BEAR

Reaction score
Gomphrie said:
if anyone is interested in the nest please let me know~
G
Gomphrie,

I'm still here. Just make a proposal and we'll see what we can work out. Thanks.

Bryan