Big Bird's Voice

Clean Gultch

Reaction score
Well I like it because theres a chance we'll see a vintage Bert and Ernie skit

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Clean Gultch
why do you repaeat yourself? not to be nosy but in a lot of threads, you repeat yourself by quoting yourself
when i've quoted myself, i ment 2 hit the "Edit" button. but i didnt. and i cant delete the post cuz the site thinks i'm deleting 'someone elses' post. look at the quote and you'll see its different from the ORIGINAL post.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Journey To Ernie has been revamped for the 34th season. Each segment takes place in only one world and there is an increased focus on problem-solving and logic skills.

Matt Vogel continues to play Big Bird, Joey Mazzarino and David Rudman play the Two-Headed Monster, and each Journey will lead into a Bert and Ernie sketch.

secret squirrel

roadrat15

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the really early BB had a extemely Dopey sounding voice.

ScottMonster

Reaction score
Originally posted by roadrat15
Has anyone noticed that the really early BB had a extemely Dopey sounding voice.
There was a reason for that. Big Bird's character was originally conceived as that of a goofy, clown-like dim-witted adult. But that soon changed -- by the third season -- when his performer Caroll Spinney developed a different feel for him and thought he would be better with a child-like personality. And so he started to be performed with the psychological age of a four year old. And in more recent years, his reading ability was so advanced, they had to raise his age to six. Worked pretty well, IMO.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by Clean Gultch
Well I like it because theres a chance we'll see a vintage Bert and Ernie skit
wait a second....explain....

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel

Matt Vogel continues to play Big Bird...
that`s funny. In dutch `Vogel` means `bird`

well, not that funny, but I just wanted to say it :rolleyes:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by roadrat15
That makes it almost fitting that Matt Vogel's voice comes across closer to the original dopey voice that Carol used to do.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Wow. It would be neat to download sound files of that. I'd like to hear the way Big Bird sounded back then.

roadrat15

Reaction score
Have you also noticed,gentle reader, that sometimes Spinney puts a little of the Grouch into BB's vocals?