1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Big New Henson Alternative News!

Discussion in 'Henson Alternative' started by beaker, Apr 11, 2009.

1. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

I really hope the Doozer series gets made. I want to see the Doozers back on TV.
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Also movies. I think doing stuff for major films is a big part of what JHC does. I don't think they have much time for Fraggle Rock, so people are going to have to either be patient. But yeah, most their energy does seem focused on the digital puppetry cg shows. Which is fine, and shows they knew they wouldn't be able to care for the Muppets at all.

I myself feel very little connection to JHC muppet wise, aside from when I see Puppet Up clips. I'd say one of the best things
    HA! did in recent years was Del's Vegas Comedy Binge:
    http://www.tbs.com/video/index/#/all-video/online-exclusives/del
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I agree. When you see how well the recent Pee Wee's Playhouse adult shows have done, as well as Puppet Up; it's clear *this* is what folks want.

I really didn't care much for the Tinseltown and SUDS pilots, as much as I LOVED all the puppet characters in both. Maybe it was the setup/script/writing, but I think HA! has a lot of great puppets and personalities.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I think we as fans still continue to put too much hope in JHC.
    They might have "original home of the muppets" on their building, but in my mind they no longer have any connection to the Muppets or anything I'm all too interested in.

Sid the Science Kid? Well, it's certainly engaging...though cgi isn't much of my thing. I say anything is better than the current glut of early development child programming.

Dinosaur Train, definitely not my thing.

Now Bear in the Big Blue House, amazing. I'm still irked at Disney for shelving what I consider to be one of Henson's best concepts to date.

But JHC for what its worth, is not focused nor really apart of
    what you and I are interested in. I say whatever helps them stay afloat financially I guess.

I never thought in a kazillion years I'd say this...and if my future self had said this to me a few years ago I'd slap myself...but...
    I have nothing but good cheer and love for Disney these days, yet not much of any emotional feeling or connection to the Jim Henson Company as it stands right here at the tail end of the decade and entering the next. JHC is dead in my mind; as far as any sort of connection to Muppets or much of anything related.