Billionaire Saban in Talks to Buy Muppet Makers

EmmyMik

Reaction score
It's Muppet time!

Go go Muppet Rangers!

(I used to love the Power Rangers. The Red Ranger was so hunky)

:big_grin:

MuppetVision3D

Reaction score
Kermit Krunch sounds like a good way to start the morning off to me. (I hope it has a shiny foil box like Mickey's Magix.)

jeremyactor

Reaction score
I agree with earlier sentiments from this thread - I don't want The Muppets milked for all they're worth. What they need is someone who'll simply buy them and leave them alone. Let's all pool our money together - I've got $10!

I hope Disney buys them - Jim was going to sell to them after all, and I think that of all the potential buyers Disney is the best. Except for us - we've got $10 - now we just need $199,999,990 more!

Jeremy

Drtooth

Reaction score
My response to a Saban Buyout....

NOOO!!! NO!!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!!! ANYONE BUT THEM!! ANY ONE!!! EVEN VIACOM!!! NOT THEM FOR THE LOVE OF CRAP!!!! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP US!!!! THE MUPPETS ARE GOING TO TV HECK!!! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!

huff puff... man do I feel better:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
What they need is someone who'll simply buy them and leave them alone.
Yeah sure Jeremy, what idiot is going to hand over 100 million dollars and then have nothing to do with where it goes ? If you know someone please let me know and they can guess the weight of my Penguin.

As for Saban, hmm not sure - i'm thinking bout that one. I think people are over-reacting a little and Jamie is probably on the right track but then again, the rumors that have been doing the rounds over the last few months could mean this is a little more serious.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
As for Saban, hmm not sure - i'm thinking bout that one. I think people are over-reacting a little and Jamie is probably on the right track but then again, the rumors that have been doing the rounds over the last few months could mean this is a little more serious.
Serious... like a heart attack! Serious... like cancer! Serious... like death!!!!!!!

I'm not over reacting! Missing 30 minutes of class, complaining in large bold face type, in my opinion is UNDERREACTING!!!! You should see what I'll do for Over reacting!

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
One positvie out of this if it happens is that Saban currently has no major stars or properities since they sold most of them to Disney through the Fox Family deal last year. Saban get the Muppets and Disney get Power Rangers and Digimon as well as the Marvel animated libirary.

beaker

Reaction score
Heh, for the first time I can sit back and have a good laugh at *other* people over reacting. BElieve me, if some of ya were more privvy to insider stuff you wouldnt have your panties in a bunch:wink:

>>>I agree with earlier sentiments from this thread - I don't want The Muppets milked for all they're worth. What they need is someone who'll simply buy them and leave them alone. <<<

To leave them alone? Wasnt that the doomsday scenario Luke spelled out in that one thread?

Anyways, from $300 million down to $65 million...thats quite a steal for 50 years of legacy and a endless millennium more.

Hey, I wonder if the new Fox Muppet Show will be 'Saban'd a fied?(see every single live action Saban show)

Anyways, my initial reaction when I saw this headline today was a slight chuckle. I just knew people would overeact, hehe

BigSPEEGS

Reaction score
Seriously, I think Disney would be the best. Gotta trust Jim's judgement on this one, folks.

BTW, I know people have serious objections to Disney, I'm just not quite sure what. Could people enlighten me or give me some links so I'm not in the dark anymore?

-SPEEGS