Billionaire Saban in Talks to Buy Muppet Makers

Joe

Reaction score
I have nothing against Mr. Saban, I just don't think it would be good if he bought out the muppets. I think if Saban got a hold of the muppets, he'd want to morph(pun intended) them into something along the lines of what he's done in the past,(twitches at the thought of a Muppet Red Ranger) and not let them remain what they've always been. If, on the otherhand Saban were to aquire the muppets and not turn them into another MMPH, but try to build them up to the way they were, (back in the days of the muppet show) that would be ok.(I just don't think that's something that would happen though)

Joe

Bean Bunny

Reaction score
So is Saban really going to get the Muppets or are the two other possible suitors going to step up and take a chance as wel. Disney is still in the running for the sale or they out cold. I have strange feeling with all this news of about Saban right now that an annoucement will be made soon. Saban's Muppets :eek:

Struble

Reaction score
You know guys... Saban has a much larger amount of work under his belt than just Power Rangers. Just because Power Rangers was the biggest property to date, doesn't mean that everything he does is like the Power Rangers. Take a second and look at some of the other projects he's produced on IMDB.com and you might actually see something you actually like. I mean, jeez, we all get mad when people stereotype the Muppets as children's programs, so why stereotype all of Saban's as Power Rangers-esque.

Sh.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I just have to laugh.

From the way people are reacting you'd think the headline read "Snoop Dogg and Haim Sabam To Buy Muppets"...

:big_grin:

Go go Muppet Rangers!

:big_grin:

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Yeah sure Jeremy, what idiot is going to hand over 100 million dollars and then have nothing to do with where it goes ? If you know someone please let me know and they can guess the weight of my Penguin.

I didn't say it would happen - I said that's what they need. I'd rather see them self manage themselves than have someone with different motives take over, and turn out really crappy material that isn't up to Henson standards.

I agree it's not going to happen, but who says I can't dream?

And I'm sorry Beaker, I'm not familiar with the thread you referred to with Luke saying that - can you send me a link?

Jeremy

(Edited because the Quote didn't work)

KPrell

Reaction score
I can see it all now -

"Mighty Morphin' Power Fraggles!" (Guess who would be the Red Ranger...)

Well, nice to have some new speculation to liven things up. As usual, I heard about this first on Muppet Central. Good job, Phil!

At this point, I'll believe it when it really happens. It would just be nice for SOMETHING to finally happen, wouldn't it?

- Karen

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Originally posted by KPrell
I can see it all now -

"Mighty Morphin' Power Fraggles!" (Guess who would be the Red Ranger...)
Does this mean you, Steve, Dave et al have to wear the spandex jumpsuits too? :stick_out_tongue:

I can think of a certain girl around here who would like to see Bill Baretta in one!!!

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Does this mean you, Steve, Dave et al have to wear the spandex jumpsuits too?

I can think of a certain girl around here who would like to see Bill Baretta in one!!!<<

Eeee, dont start! :wink: heh As far as this Fraggle Rangers business, I wonder what kind of suit Terry would wear?

But yeah, I dont feel one way or the other *yet* about this whole Saban thing. Who knows what's really gonna go down?
Its a wait and see thing I guess.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't think Boober will want any part of it. LOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
With all this negative thinking I have for this, I'M turning into Boober!

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta wash my hands for an hour! No telling what germs these school compter keyboards get!