Billy Barkhurst

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Herry hasn't been a main character since the 90s, and even so, I found his inclusion of sitting on the stoop in "The Street We Live On" peculiar, because he was already pretty much phased out by that point.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
@Oscarfan and @D'Snowth true, but still, it's been confirmed that Peter will be taking over the character.
And you never know. Herry could potentially be used more in future seasons, now that he has a new performer. Maybe, anyway. Not to the point of being used as much as Elmo, but maybe as much as Bert and Ernie.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
But we don't know to what capacity.

I have been told that they've tried writing him, and other classic characters, into scripts, but they eventually just get cut out through the process.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In seriousness though, I think Herry is better off just making occasional appearances because his character just feels done at this point.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing I remember the most about Herry are inserts, like he and John-John, or his recurring Monsters in Daycare from Seasons 30-32 and such . . . other than that, I just kind of remember him just "being there," and not much else.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I could also say it would be nice if Disney allowed Kermit to be a regular Sesame Street character again, but we all now that sure ain't gonna happen.