1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Birthday Giveaways: Have Your Cake and Muppets Too!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

In celebration of Muppet Central's 5th birthday we are going to be having some very special giveaways throughout the month of February. Special thanks to our sponsors: Time-Life, Palisades Toys, Sideshow-Weta Collectibles, Rhino Records, VH1 Save The Music and Nettwerk America.

Find out all the details, including the rules and what you can win...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/temp/mc_bday.shtml

Giveaways will begin on Saturday February 1 and continue until Friday February 28. Happy Birthday!

2. radionate

radionate New Member

Exciting News! And props to Jamie on the great Birthday Animation!

3. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Wow what a cool idea! and yet another fantasic fun menu by Jamie! Thank's to everyone who is putting this contest together!

I have a question though, can the cake be "anywhere", i mean is it only on the Muppet Central web site or can it also be in let's say the Fun and Games folder on the message board? i don't know if that's possable or not. I just wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Zack,

4. Phillip

Hi Zack,

Glad you are excited about the contest and our birthday.

The cake will not be on the forum. It will be on the main domain (www.muppetcentral.com) either on the front page or in one of the sections of the site (news, collectibles, articles, guides, radio, cards, help).

5. Zack the Dog

Hi Phil, thanks for that info i also just thought up of another question dealing with the company's helping make this happen.

Of course Time-Life represent TMS DVD's, Palisades Toys the action figures, Sideshow-Weta Collectibles the bust and doll's and Rhino Records along with VH1 Save The Music repersent the muppet/song cd's but who is the Nettwerk America?
    I have not heard of them.

Thank's again Phil,

Zachary,

6. Phillip

"For the Kids" is a joint effort between VH1 Save the Music and Nettwerk America.

7. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

So will there be any *real* cake?

(I want some cake!!!! Or at the least a canister of frosting)

:D

8. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Emmy, if you get the frosting, I hope you intend to share.

9. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

That really depends on what kind of frosting and how much I get...

10. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

If you mean flavour, I like almost any kind. If we're talking brand here, I don't know names, but the cheapies can sometimes be yucky.

11. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

The world of frosting is almost interesting. There are different flavors, brands. Sprinkles or no sprinkles. In the end, it's all sugary goodness (unless it tastes bad. Then it's not good)...

12. GREAT MENU, Jamie!! :D

I love how you included Luna! And there's even a "Little Janice"! LOL!! I made sure this time, lol! :p

13. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Phil, does this mean it could be on an article from several years ago, OR that it only apears on one o the front pages for a limited point of time?

(If the later will it ever be on in England time??? Like the middle of your night!!!)

14. Phillip

Yes, the cake could be on any article or page within our www.muppetcentral.com domain. The forum is not included. The time will be different every day, so we will try to accommodate those that are overseas and also those that are gone during the day in the US and not home until the evenings. That is why each morning, a two-hour estimate of the time-frame of when the cake will be hidden will be announced each day. Everyone will have 28 opportunities to win throughout the month of February.

Check out the rules if you have more questions. After we do this for a couple days this weekend, it will become more clear how everything will work.

Sorry you can't eat the cake Emmy! We are testing ways to send it through cyberspace for you though. :D

15. Zack the Dog

Are you sure you are "testing" and not tasting the cake Phil?;)

Zack,

16. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

I want pie.

Sweet! (and that ain't just a reference to the cake) So, it can be ANYWHERE at all? Other than the forum? Cool! What a challenge!

17. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

Nutbunnies.

How about frosting. Can I just win some frosting or something?

18. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

I was just asking my self how could this site possibly get any better and here I have my answer!:D Seriously, how could it get any cooler!! I'm looking forward to this, it should be fun!! Thanks for putting this contest together guys!!

19. Zack the Dog

Phil I have another question;-) When the cake is hidden lets say the time is 4-6 does the cake go up at four and is hidden till six,and that is if no one finds it before six? so someone could find the cake at 4:01 if they were lucky. or is it that the cake could be hidden between 4-6 meaning the cake may not be hidden till five an hour after 4?

I don't know id that question made sense...but thanks again!

Zack,

20. Phillip

Just a reminder that the first cake will be hidden TOMORROW, Saturday February 1st.

Zack, to answer your question, as an example the cake will be hidden sometime between 4-6 (or whatever the time for that day happens to be). This will be announced in the morning.

Once the cake has been hidden on the site, ANYTIME between 4-6 I will announce on the board when it has been hidden and what the prizes for that day will be. This announcement might be at 4:01 or 5:59 or any time in between.

So when you find out the two-hour time-frame it may be a good idea to hang out around the forum. Then when you read the announcement that the cake has been hidden, it's time to go on the hunt. In the unlikely event, the cake isn't found by midnight, then we will have an extra day at the end of the contest. Let me know if this answers all your questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.