Birthday Giveaways: Have Your Cake and Muppets Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
Could UK times be inlcuded too please ? It's GMT here right now.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will make the announcement in central and eastern time zones. I believe the UK is six hours ahead of central time.

I will see if I can find a time zone converter to link to in each announcement. That way everyone can find out what the local time is for them.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Thanks Phil, i understand now.

LOL, i feel like i'm young again getting ready for an easter egg hunt! this should be fu,and it's a nice way for people to vist old news pages.

Zack

Luke

Reaction score
I know we are 5 ahead of Eastern so yes i think 6 ahead of Central. A time zone converter is a great idea - thanks !

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Phil. Thank you once again for all the Muppety greatness here at muppetcentral.com and to join the celebration by using some twisted logic in giving away the gifts. I know that you've carefully thought out this entire contest with possibilities as to how a person can win a given prize package each day, and you've planned for the eventuality that a day's prize might go unclaimed. There's just one little old question lingering on my mind. How might a MC'er who is visually challenged, such as either Tommy or myself, enter this grand contest and become part of the party as well? Guess someone could stand next to me at the computer and try to spot the pieces of cake, but that's not really under my control. Just wondering as to how this humble vampiric counter can join in the fun, and of course wanting to extend the invitation to a certain Sesame Encyclopedian that's under my umbrella. Thanks for your help with this matter.

Green Gelfling

Reaction score
silly question.....i know i know.... i'm gettin a bit known for these.

is there a limit of # of times a person can win? (i didn't see anything broaching this subject in the rules)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Green Gelfling
is there a limit of # of times a person can win? (i didn't see anything broaching this subject in the rules)
Yes, you can only win once in order to give everyone a fair opportunity. From number 3 of the rules... "Only one entry per name and/or shipping address is valid. Decisions determining the validity of an entry will be made by Muppet Central Staff. All decisions are final."

Originally posted by Green Gelfling
How might a MC'er who is visually challenged, such as either Tommy or myself, enter this grand contest and become part of the party as well? Guess someone could stand next to me at the computer and try to spot the pieces of cake, but that's not really under my control.
This is a good question. Thanks for asking.

I'm not aware of the extent of the visual impairment, but can you see the blue cake with Kermit jumping out at all on this page?

http://www.muppetcentral.com/temp/mc_bday.shtml

The cakes that are hidden will also be blue and the exact same size as this one on the above page. If you can't see it maybe there is a work around that I am not aware of (given the current software on your system).

We certainly sympathize with your situation, however, unfortunately, these kind of contests will sometimes favor one sense over another. Please keep in mind when we did our radio contest it relied upon hearing the songs that were played. If someone was deaf this would have hindered that easability to participate. And with our "Ode to Rowlf" contest, it required at least some general knowledge of the English language. We do our best to make sure that we make every contest available to the most people possible.

I want to especially thank you for your understanding with this matter. Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else that I can do.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind understanding, Phil. Though I could've easily entered the "Ode to Rowlf" contest, I just didn't feel motivated enough for the prize being offered though I believe that it was a great offering from this website. The radio contest was left alone cause I still haven't gotten around to asking my other brother to hook up MC's radio for me. Unfortunately, even if I worked with my computer's monitor turned on, I wouldn't be able to see the cake mentioned. Heck, I can't even see the wonderful artwork Jamie created with all the Muppet characters for the site! Though I still have some sight left, the fine eye for details that I once had is now long gone. Maybe the next contest that comes along could be one that favors my particular situation or skills. Don't worry about it, cause though I wasn't able to enter in Palisades Photoshop Muppets variant contest Lew Zealand sent me his rightfully won S3 test shot figure. My only wish is that Muppet Central stays strong for another five years and upwards, and many vonderful congratulations upon the joyous occassion of your birth.

Luke

Reaction score
Obviously it's Phil's call, but it wouldn't be impossible for Jamie to embed a little 'ping', 'ta-da' or even 'hi-ho' sound into the cake flash element. A real short tiny sound wouldn't increase the file size much if it was fairly low quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.