BK Spongebob Commercial

Drtooth

Reaction score
Btw, I just saw on the news 2 seconds ago that a Burger King just got in trouble for a crushed pill being found in a Mac and Cheese a little girl was eating. Man, they're just annoying everyone today! :wink:
Probably saw that Pizza Hut thing on Youtube and thought it was "funny" and tried to do it themselves...

Or was it Dominos? I never bother with Chain pizzas, especially since I live somewhere that has a pizza place every 3 feet.

I can't understand why Burger King has gone so far downhill as far as advertising, heh.
I can't understand why advertising on the whole has gone down recently, period... exclamation point, even. Though I did like the McDonald's Monsters Vs Aliens commercial with Grimace. FINALLY they get the big purple one back.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I do get what you mean; perhaps it is a case of a song that sort of meant one thing, but was adopted by the culture in a much more ridiculous and sexist way.
I guess, you know? It's just upsetting to me. It's a play on and making fun of one things, while in a way being the very kind of things it makes fun of. Guess it's how you interpreted it. But I'm not trying to defend the song. Just saying....

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Btw, I just saw on the news 2 seconds ago that a Burger King just got in trouble for a crushed pill being found in a Mac and Cheese a little girl was eating. Man, they're just annoying everyone today! :wink:
I tell you... Whats wrong with people. My brother was just saying not to long ago about how he doesn't really trust fast food. :stick_out_tongue: I who knows what goes on back there sometimes... You have to be careful.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
These are very, very judgmental, stupid, naive, and just plain lazy people. Cartoon characters have been hocking junk food since the beginning of Television cartoons. Funny how the obesity epidemic happens now as opposed to the 60's, 70's, or 80's, when that stuff was really rampant. They just want to make it so they make the perfect child without having to put in any effort. Banning this stuff so they don't have to deal with their kids is lazy and selfish. But hey, these are the same people that think buying Baby Einstein videos will guarantee their kids will grow up to be Mensa members. And yet, if their taxes went up just a hair to pay for healthy food in schools, they'd moan and groan about having to pay them.

Leave the junk food... leave the cartoons eating food that exists in reality... leave the Happy meal prizes for crying out loud (they're the only toys anyone can even afford anymore)... just tell your lazy kids "NO." And while you're at it, pull them away from their X-boxes and make them actually go outside. See, it isn't food that's totally to blame... it's the general laziness that's doing it. God, I HATE these people.
Well Dr,Tooth I agree with you for the most part. But truth be told by your logic cartoon characters have been use to sell cigarettes, for example the Flinstones, should still be allowed to sell cigarettes. I'm just saying that's kind of what it sounds like a little to me.

But I totally agree with you that parents should just say NO. Parents nowadays depend too much on TV and, in some respects, fast food to be something of a real care taker and babysitter.

So DrTooth all in all I would have to say that you're being jugdemental to the people you're calling jugdemental.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well Dr,Tooth I agree with you for the most part. But truth be told by your logic cartoon characters have been use to sell cigarettes, for example the Flinstones, should still be allowed to sell cigarettes. I'm just saying that's kind of what it sounds like a little to me.
That's a very good point! Though I guess, fast food can be fine in moderation. While there's really no such thing as moderation with cigarettes.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
That's a very good point! Though I guess, fast food can be fine in moderation. While there's really no such thing as moderation with cigarettes.
I would have to disagree actually some can smoke cigarettes in moderation, just lack the will power. Same can be said for junk food, drinking and whenever else can be bad for your health.

Studies have shown that eating a lot of red meat can be just as bad for you as smoking.

I'm not saying I agree with the logic that cartoon characters shouldn't be used to sell fast food. I'm just saying that if your point is that cartoons have been doing that since the days of yesteryear, than by that logic it should be ok for cartoons to still sell cigarettes to a point.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I would have to disagree actually some can smoke cigarettes in moderation, just lack the will power. Same can be said for junk food, drinking and whenever else can be bad for your health.
Well that's a question that's debated a lot in the medical community. There's a school of thought that addiction is a matter of will power and the other school says it's dangerous to treat addiction as simply a matter of will power. That addicted people are sick need extra help and really can't do it on their own (because the problem is partially in the brain to begin with).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well that's a question that's debated a lot in the medical community. There's a school of thought that addiction is a matter of will power and the other school says it's dangerous to treat addiction as simply a matter of will power. That addicted people are sick need extra help and really can't do it on their own (because the problem is partially in the brain to begin with).
Well I respect that, and I'm not trying to sound like some bad person or anything like that by saying that people whom get addicted are just weak people.

But people only think of that for smoking. I'm sure you would agree than that someone could become addicted to fast food burgers just the same as they can with smoking or drinking or even drugs. And studies have shown that eating tons of junk food, such as red meat burgers, are just as bad for your health as smoking can be.

All in all, my point is that if Dr.Tooth or anyone else thinks it's so dumb that people hate that cartoon characters are being used to sell junk food, than he should hate those very same people whom were aganist Joe Camel for being a cartoon character on cigerattes. His point of view was that it's been done since cartoons were on TV a long time ago and if that makes it ok, than it should be ok to use cartoons to sell cigarettes.

As stated I agree with DrTooth that parents should just be tell their kids No, but I don't agree with him calling some parents dumb and lazy because they don't like cartoon characters selling junk food. I for one don't really see a problem with that, since in my view the two go hand in hand. But, on the other hand I don't have kids and some parents believe obesity is a problem with our nations youth and don't like cartoons being used to sell junk food and I can understand that, to a point.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well here's the thing. The Flintstones is a cartoon that came on in prime time that was generally for adults when it originally came on. So now people are seeing these adds and the first thought is the fruity pebbles commercials.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I respect that, and I'm not trying to sound like some bad person or anything like that by saying that people whom get addicted are just weak people.

But people only think of that for smoking. I'm sure you would agree than that someone could become addicted to fast food burgers just the same as they can with smoking or drinking or even drugs. And studies have shown that eating tons of junk food, such as red meat burgers, are just as bad for your health as smoking can be.
No I don't think you're a bad person, hehe. As I said, it's hotly debated by professionals. It's only natural for regular people to debate it as well. :wink:

I actually agree, I think we've seen lately that many things can become addictions, even food. And perhaps some people are at least predisposed to addiction. If it's seen in your family, you do need to be more on guard.

I honestly don't mind too much if cartoon characters pitch junk food. I loved going to McDonald's as a kid, but the thing is it was considered a special treat that we only did once and awhile. Not every day, and that's where the problem lies with some parents.

Well here's the thing. The Flintstones is a cartoon that came on in prime time that was generally for adults when it originally came on. So now people are seeing these adds and the first thought is the fruity pebbles commercials.
We do have a sort of cultural disconnect with the past sometimes, things were different in some ways.