1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Bloody" in Treasure Island!

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Beauregard, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

Hes actualy says both... at the same time.... LOL, He says, "wheres the bloody treasure" its also on the real version I have :)
  2. Krazedmuppet

Krazedmuppet Active Member

Oops!

Oh wait! nm, I read your pst wrong, lol, though you meant it was one or the other, LOL, now I feel embarrased.... :o
  3. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Sit down and tell me about it...
  4. anathema

anathema Active Member

It took you almost a day to come up with that?! Go to the bottom of the class...
  5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

yeah! Take up the rear, young man!
  6. Comical_DrBob

Comical_DrBob New Member

Hi, In the Australian release they kept the word Bloody.
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Bloody things, fancy cutting the bloody out of a bloody film like that? LOL!!!

Seriously, did they have to cut words like that out of any other Muppet productions in England?
  8. Don'tLiveonMoon

Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I think it's a hoot watching things on TBS. They do such a ridiculous job of dubbing. I don't mind really, because I am not a fan of profanity and it's nice to watch movies without having to listen to a lot of that. Then I see all these movies that seem so mild, like "Blues Brothers" and "The Jerk," and find out they're rated R; they must've cut out a whole lot! But they come up with some really goofy overdubs sometimes. Like in "Breakfast Club" they kept saying "*flip* you." The one that sticks in my mind the most that really cracked me up was in "Dumb and Dumber," near the end, and Jeff Daniel's character was supposed to sign a paper of some kind I think. Jim Carrey's character said, "You can sign on my *sandwich*, right after you kiss it!" I was like was, "What the heck????" :confused:
    Erin
  9. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

my favorite, is in one of the National Lampoon Vacation movies, he (Chevy Chase) opens up a can of beer to share with his son, then, so we don't see a minor drinking, it cuts to crushing the can....that's a little too obvious

ok I know that didn't have to do with dubbing, but I think it's funny
  10. Comical_DrBob

Comical_DrBob New Member

Has anyone ever seen that Jamies kitchen lots of profanity there & none got bleeped out it was the F word too it came on free to air at 8:30PM some one who lives here from America says that that certain word can only be said on cable & the S word can be at least a PG rated show.
  11. Well, bloody is the UK's ****.
  12. Whataday

Whataday New Member

I understand that "dam-n" is considered a swear word in the states, when it's not really over here.

On UK TV, the general rule is that you can say "bloody" after 7pm, but people usually get away with saying it before, especially if it's on a live, non-children's show.

Then you can say "shi-t" after 8pm. After 9pm you can say pretty much anything except 'cnut' (see what i did there!) provided there's a suitable warning at the start of the show.

There's a great new series of adverts for Channel 4 which has celebrities who appear on the channel say their favourite things. One of these, called "Favourite Swear Words" has been banned.

But each case is judged on whether the language is suitable when taken into context.

The advert can be viewed on this link: YOU ARE WARNED, IT CONTAINS EXTREMELY STRONG LANGUAGE. DO NOT WATCH IT IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED! http://www.channel4.com/media/generic/swearing1.swf YOU ARE WARNED, IT CONTAINS EXTREMELY STRONG LANGUAGE. DO NOT WATCH IT IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED!
  13. DanDanStrawberry

DanDanStrawberry Active Member

That was a pretty random thing to say!! Is it your word of the day!! ;)