Boardinghouse or apartment building?

ngreen522

Reaction score
I can't help wondering whether they live in the apartment building during filming of the show and winter and things like that, and head out to the Boarding House for the summer and holidays.
Yes, when It first aired, and I needed to quickly make sense of it so that I could move along with the show, that was the conclusion I came to. ... A seasonal thing.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
well I like the Happiness Hotel, hehehe.
I wish we could have seen the Muppet's rooms of the apartment building, most of the action either happened in the hallway or Claire's apartment, so it's hard to say for me for that choice.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I liked the Boarding House better, more homey to me. The idea of a bunch of the Muppets sharing a big house together just makes me smile.

Beauregard

Reaction score
True, it was fairly dark in the apartment building. And none of the doors were particularly decorated or interesting. You'd think if the Muppets lived nearby then the hallway would be filled with random interesting things, or at least some Christmas decorations. It was kinda cold how they all went into their own rooms.

MWoO

Reaction score
Actually I'm not sure i like the idea that they all live together. In TMM they all had separate lives. Everywhere you turned there was a muppet leading a regular (sort of) life. In GMC Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo all lead separate lives. Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo only lived with the rest of the muppets temporarily in the Happiness Hotel. In MTM they all lead separate lives outside of the band, Kermit, Gonzo, Fozzie, and Piggy and Scooter. They lived in lockers, but they had separate backgrounds. They met in college and the rest of the gang was spread across the country. It wasn't until MFS that the idea they all lived together full time came about.

So if i had to choose I guess I would much rather an apartment building. Each has a separate space, but in the future I'd like to see something more like GMC where they don't just all know each other.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I always felt the Muppets lived in something in between the two - some sort of apartment building just for Muppets adjacent to the theater. I see the MFS house, LTS apartment building and GMC Happiness Hotel rolled into one structure located in New York. Maybe just some sort of Muppet hostel for the misfit performers while Kermit, Piggy and the top gang live in their own spaces. :smile:

At least that is where they all live in the movie inside my head. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
At least that is where they all live in the movie inside my head. :wink:
So really, it's entirely possible that the Muppets actually live within the cranium of MC current Creative Designer...