Bob Barker's Retiring

travellingpat

Reaction score
Thats sad...I never really watched the show, but i always enjoyed it when i did

Ziffel

Reaction score
For the last decade or so I've been thinking, due to his age and also a few health problems here and there, that maybe it will be his final year doing TPIR. And now the time has finally come. I've also often wondered, and asked people their opinions of it, if a new host will make the show's ratings go down. Most people have told me they believe so. I agree, but I think not very significantly. Cuz I think a lot of people tune in for the fun of the numerous pricing games (like the popular Plinko, Punchboard, CliffHangers, Hole in One, etc. games). But the game won't be quite the same without him. Only he can say, "Let's check our next item up for bids" the way he does! And his laugh is great and can't be duplicated. I also love how he thinks of lots of reasons to stall when he's just about to reveal if the contestant is a winner or not. I think their best bet would be to try to select a replacement who is older and at least somewhat similar in style to Bob. If they get a young comedian, for instance, who is so totally different from Bob in many ways I'm afraid that could turn away a significant part of the audience, particulalry the senior citizens.
Okay everybody, let's all write for tickets to be on TPIR. After all, we only have till June to be on the show with Bob Barker and then it will be forever too late!